“Tiny room, but good for one night”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Good -

This hotel is very conveniently located right off the interstate near many restaurants. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety. The breakfast area had plenty of seating. Everything we saw in the hotel seemed to be very clean.

The Bad -

The rooms here are TINY. We wouldn't have stayed for more than one night. Because of the small room, the beds were two doubles instead of two queens.

The bathroom was tiny as well with just a stand up shower with no tub that took up space in the actual room itself. (It's that kind of rounded concept that juts out into the room.) The sink was in the room, so when I got up to go to the function we were in town for at 4:30 a.m., I didn't have any choice but to cut the light on above the sink, and that woke up my husband. As you can imagine, he was thrilled. Because the space was so small, the bathroom door had a pocket door instead of a regular door. This was somewhat inconvenient because it was pretty loud when sliding, and that middle of the night trip to the potty wasn't exactly quiet.

The mattresses were just bad. Thin and bad. We could feel springs coming up through the mattresses, and this was pretty uncomfortable.

The Best - The price was the best thing about this hotel. It was reasonable on the day we stayed.

Room Tip: If you have an aversion to cigarette smoke like we do, ask to stay on the first floor. It is as far...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

I am certainly glad that you stayed with us and took the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We welcome all comments and I would like to personally thank you. I know that our rooms are small as this was the original concept of Sleep Inn, smaller rooms with showers targeting the business traveler. The newer Sleep Inns are built a little difference with a mix of showers and tubs, but since our property is a few years old, we have the original architectural design. We try to make everyone's stay comfortable, with a clean room and a good price and value. I know that some of our mattresses need replacing and we are working on that project for this coming year. Please feel free to come back and stay with us at any time that you are in our area. Please mention to me that you wrote o Tripadvisor and I will do all in my power to make sure that you get an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

We went to Pelham to dive at Blue Water Alabama. The Sleep Inn was nice basic accommodations. The staff was nice although the breakfast could be a bit better. If we return we will definitely want a first floor. It was to hard to haul dive gear to the upper floor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for your review, we certainly appreciate your business and would like to accomodate you on your next dive visit. We have upgraded our breakfast since your visit. We will be happy to put you on 1st floor, please let us know a few days ahead of your visit. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We liked the modern decor, like a Hyatt Place but a lot cheaper. Bathroom pocket door was hard to close, toilet was old, bath fan made a lot of noise, shower door was sketchy to open/close. Good breakfast, open early on weekends (6 am). All and all a good value but the bathroom needs attention.

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom before committing to your assigned room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and for staying with us. I know that the pocket doors sometime stick, and I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Please know that we enjoy reading your comments and are working on some renovation projects in our bathrooms. Thank you again for being our guest. We always want to meet and expect your needs.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were headed to Mobile from Ohio and wanted to get south of Birmingham. This Sleep Inn is close to I-65 and many places to eat and gas up. The check in was friendly and fast; we stayed on the 2nd floor in a King room, which was very clean and quiet. The breakfast area was roomy with many choices. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling the area!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We always try to give a good value and good guest experience and guests like you make our job so enjoyable

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Have only driven I65 to Florida one other time - so I was not familiar with a halfway point to stay the night. A friend who travels through the Birmingham area suggested staying south of that city in Pelham. It was the perfect spot and I will keep this hotel on my list for next time. Front desk was friendly, room clean and quiet, bed comfortable! Breakfast was filling and warm selections available. Only negative comment was the shower door - it was very hard to shut when in the shower stall.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I am certainly sorry about the shower door. I hope that if you come this way again, you will stay with us and I will make certain that your stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews but I decided to try it. I'm happy I did. My stay turned out great. I stopped at this hotel because most of Birmingham was sold out. There were no nonsmoking rooms available but the front desk person told me I could take my pick of the available rooms. I looked at three rooms before checking in. I choose one that was really clean and didn't have a strong smoke odor. The only downside to the room was the micro bathroom and shady hotel cable. The bathroom was European standard with only a shower and a toilet that closed off from the room by a pocket door. The room was great and it comes with a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

We are so glad that you chose us. I hope that you will choose us again when you are traveling or just stop by. Our bathrooms are built small, but we hope that we made up for that issue. Thank you so much for your comments and we hope that you have a good holiday season.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stopped on our way to Gatlinburg. Spotless and well maintained. Rooms a little small but adequate. Good breakfast. Good nights rest. Friendly staff. Would highly recommend. Close to Oak Mountain State Park.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SeaKayker
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your stay at Sleep Inn in Pelham, AL. These comments were appreciated by our entire staff and we wish you the best of the Holiday Season.