“Nice Hotel”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good place to stay while in Pelham. Nothing extraordinary, just a really nice hotel. Room was clean and updated. Bed was comfortable.

My only complaint was this… It was the first cold snap in the area, so I turned on the heat to warm up the room a bit. It obviously hadn't been used in a while and this caused the fire alarm to go off in the room. After calling the front desk to let them know, the guy said, it was normal and they always do that since they haven't been used in a while. I do understand that, but that can be avoided by having the staff run them before the guests do. No one likes to set off the smoke alarm late at night. Just a thought.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

I certainly appreciate your comments, and am so sorry that your smoke alarm went off when you turned your heater on. We had turned all of the heaters on, but due to the weather warming up the heaters were again not used for a while. I apologize and hope that if you stay with us again, this would not be a problem. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night passing through during our travel to Missouri. We heard staying in Birmingham was not the safest choice and read online Pelham was a better, safer choice. You never know what you could get in a hotel off the interstate that you know nothing about but I was very happy with our room. Check in was at 1.30 am. Both clerks that helped me were extremely courteous and nice. The room was and smelled very clean. I felt very safe in the area and had no issues. I would recommend this to anyone who needs to stop for the night near Birmingham AL.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iheartreese
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at Sleep Inn in Pelham, Alabama. We value you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again, if you have the chance to visit our area again.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here several times, the latest was Nov. 5, and we will stay here again, as we head South for the Winter. We have never encountere any prolem at this location.The staff is very accomodating. Easy on and off from I 65. The Mexican restaurant nearby is a good place to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your stay at Sleep Inn in Pelham, AL. We love to hear from our guests and we will always welcome you as a very valued guest when you stay with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed here and each time we have been made welcome by the friendly staff. It is in a good location close to the I65 and there are plenty of places to eat close by. If you have time, there is a small pool where you can relax. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We always strive to give our guests a good experience and great guest such as yourselves make that very easy. We hope that we can continue to offer good service to you in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed to attend a concert at Oak Mountain Amphitheater. This is the PERFECT location for anyone attending an event there. First you get free parking as a hotel guest. It is $10 and jam packed across the road. Next, you are across the road from the amphitheater and an abundance of restaurants. Everything is in walking distance. We were able to walk and eat dinner and have a few drinks before the concert. The room was clean and a decent size. It was very quiet, even on the night of a big concert. The hotel could probably use a bit of updating, but I will take clean over updated any day. The only complaint I have is that the air conditioner made a very loud rattling noise. We didn't wake up in time to have breakfast, but they do offer it. They also have free Wi-Fi. If we ever attend another concert at Oak Mountain, we will definitely be staying at Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We welcome you back anytime. Please let me know for I would to meet you. You will always be our valued guest.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed for one night as part of a long trip. Upon check in we were met by the most sullen front desk clerk. It seemed like he would just rather not be there and that we were a bother. Room was typical Sleep Inn, but this one need to be refreshed. Carpet in the room really needed to be cleaned. The rest of the room was not as bad, but needed to be refreshed. Breakfast was OK. They ran out of coffee and it seemed to be a real imposition for the kitchen lady to have to replace with new. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. You can be assured that this matter will be followed up on. I thank you for your comments and for being our guest. I would like to hear from you by email if you would like to follow up on this matter. You may reach me by email at gm.al002@choicehotels.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you so that I can follow up on our service issue during your stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were in town for the Widespread Panic concert at Oak Mountain and had friends satying at the Sleep Inn. After the concert we asked if they had any rooms available as it seemed like a better idea then driving back through Birmingham, and they had one left on the third floor. we took it for the night and ended up keeping it the next night too. Service was great and the front desk was very friendly considering the hotel was packed with concert-goers. It is right across the street from Oak Mountain Amphitheater and centrally located in Pelham to restaurants and the interstate. Everything is in walking distance. The room was nice and clean. Nothing special but comfortable and worth the $89.00 rate we got on the spot. I was extremely pleased with the stay. We used the pool but didn't try the continental breakfast at all. There was security in the front of the hotel and that may just have been for the concert but it was nice to know they were there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert C
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We are so happy that you stayed with us and had an enjoyable time at the concert. We always want you to know that you are our number one concern every time that you stay with us. If you have the chance to stay again, we hope that you will have the same experience. If you are in our area again, please stop and stay with us again. Thank you for your wonderful comments as our staff will be very happy to hear this review.

Sheila Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!