Hampton Inn Pell City
US$84
ComfortInn
US$79
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskwalmart shopping centerroom was cleanno meatcracker barrelbusiness staygreat place to staybreakfast barstaff was very friendlybarber motorsports parkhilton honorsnice stayhotel stayfree breakfastfridge and microwaveoatmealice machine
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and I was glad to see that they completely renovated the rooms and lobby and has a very good complimentary breakfast. It has an excellent location on I-20 and is near a Walmart and several very good chain restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I made a last minute reservation due to a family emergency and stopped by the Hampton early, around noon, in hopes of getting the room and quickly changing before going to a visitation that had already started. Upon arrival they couldn’t find my reservation. The very polite and cordial desk clerk, Rachel, diligently looked through all the reservations several times but could find no reservation for me. I looked at the on-line reservation page I printed and realized there was no confirmation. In my haste I apparently had not clicked of the “confirm reservations” tab. Embarrassed, late, and at their mercy I could have not been at a better hotel to help me out of a crunch. Rachel immediately found an available room that matched my profile and gave me the original on-line rate, while being extremely courteous and providing personal condolences. Rachel exhibited the most personable, helpful, and genuinely concerned assistance I’ve received from any hotel desk clerk in the past 10 years. Everything about the stay was high quality, but the people working at this property are exceptional!

Room Tip: They actually know your profile preferences if a HH member.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Diamond_

Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments about your stay. We strive to deliver the best guest service to our valued guests with lot's of "Hamptonality" We look forward to welcoming you again on your next return visit. Again thank you for your business and wishing you and your family a "Happy New Year"

Sincerely
Ngerety

Reviewed 8 December 2013

It was a pleasant stay. Heating unit was so loud I couldn't sleep. Had to turn it off. The staff was very helpful. Had trouble getting to the internet as our name was spelled wrong when we checked in. Staff helped too get that corrected. Location was very good.

Good Afternoon Bill H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Pell City and for your great feedback! We know you have many lodging options in the area and we are glad you stayed with us. Our maintenance department has resolved the noise in the heating unit and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We hope to have the opportunity and pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Sincerely
Ngerety

Reviewed 6 December 2013

As with most Hampton Inns, the hotel was very clean and the staff was great! I always hope I can stay at a Hampton Inn when traveling! This must be a new facility as it was exceptionally clean. I recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Carmela S

Dear Carmela S

We are so glad you stayed with us while traveling through the Pell City area and yes we are a newly renovated hotel. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for your business. We look forward to seeing you again!

Nancy Gerety

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I checked in on the evening of November 13th and were met at the desk by a extremely nice young lady named Amanda. She checked us in and we then went to remove some items from the car. We were traveling with a car and a rental truck since we were on the way to Eureka Springs Ak. to close on a home. We were talking about some items outside and a young woman, later learned that she was the manager, Nancy Gerety, overheard our conversation and informed us that the hotel would provide any personal items that we may have forgotten. We had a bite to eat then retired for the evening because we were tired.

It is here that the amazing team that you have working there comes into play. Getting up early the next morning we were going to leave before dawn. I pulled both the car and truck in front of the hotel to warm them up. We left and headed on our way to Arkansas. We made at least eight stops on the way for gas, eating and just to take a break. Upon arrival, I reached into my back pocket for an envelope containing $2,000.00 in cash to be used for the new home. I was stunned to find it missing. I have always been so careful but recently have had some medical issues related to my time at Ground Zero after 9.11 and my mind had been preoccupied.

I had no idea where or when the money was lost nor did I know where we had stopped for food, gas or rest stops. The only telephone number that I had was for the hotel. I called with no real expectation of anything. Amanda answered the phone and remembered my wife and I. I asked if anything was turned into lost and found. She advised that there was. My mind then went to lost keys, eyeglasses etc but not my envelope. Amanda asked me to describe what I lost which I did. Amanda then stated that they had the envelope and that the manager, Nancy Gerety would call me.

Nancy did call right away and informed me that a maintenance worker, Tyler Bowman, had found the envelope just outside the door where I had been warming up the vehicles. He turned it in and it was held in the safe. Nancy made arrangements for the money to be wired to me minus what I insisted was given to Tyler for his honesty. I was blessed by your team and what they do best and I wanted to pass on the blessing to Tyler.

I know this has been a long story but seeing how everything unfolded makes me realize that we were brought to Pell City for a reason. It was to meet three people, Tyler Bowman, Nancy Gerety and Amanda(never found out her last name)who were to reconfirm to me how beautiful this country really is and how wonderful people are.

I cannot thank the team at the Pell City Hampton Inn for being so wonderful and turning a very difficult situation into a wonderful experience. God bless them.

Matthew and Sara Besheer

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew B
Ngerety, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pell City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Besheers,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests at the Hampton Inn Pell City, Al. We were extremely excited we were able to put the lost funds back into the rightful owner's hands. We hope your transition to your new home was a good one and we look forward to seeing you again on your way back through Pell City. Thank you for your business and the wonderful comments.

Nancy Gerety