“Great stopping place”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pell City
Burnet
“Great stopping place”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is a quiet stop. Easy on and off highway. We really like the suite with 2queen beds and a couch in room. This is easier to accomadate a family with kids that like to have own space. Nice to have mini fridge to keep drinks cool. Beds a little hard but lots of pillows to help soften it. Walmart is directly across street which can be nice. They have a gas station too. Some fast food and cracker barrel too at this exit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank smoothiegirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I enjoyed my stay and had a wonderful night sleep. The staff was very efficient. I was checked in and directed up to my room in minutes. They were also able to direct us to great places to eat for dinner. Overall, I would stay at this hotel every time I pass through.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank quiet_waters7628
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My Father n Law and myself went to stay at this Hotel during the race weekend. Upon entering the room everything looked OK, however I took note of a few things while we were there. The shower had PUBIC hair on the walls of the shower!!, the bathroom floor was nasty, and the TV was very poor.

Upon leaving the room one morning, I make it a point to show my father n law that I was leaving .80(cents) on the desk. I have NEVER stayed anywhere that I had to worry about anything missing in my room. WELL once we returned from our day at the track, .75 of the .80 was GONE!!

I would not tell others to stay here based on those few things, and the fact the rate for the room was $149 a night, WAY over priced.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We arrived today and when we got to our room we found that our tv didn't work (all channels are static and go out). Then I tried to take a shower and found that the tub doesn't drain. The toilet doesn't flush well either. Wish I had booked the hotel next door.

• Stayed October 2010
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 19 January 2008

I spent two nights at this Holiday Inn Select during the week in January. It was an outstanding experience and value for this price range ($69 per night, corporate rate, plus taxes). The hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and best of all quiet at night.

I stayed in room 303, the top floor. It included a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was very clean and stocked with extra towels (very fluffy) and a full set of toiletries (shampoo, bath gel, moisturizer, and soap). Plastic disposable cups ensure that you aren't getting poorly washed glasses. The bed was firm with an assortment of pillows each with a pillowcase labeled with how firm it was. Wireless access to the internet allowed for easy access to my email on my laptop. There's also a business center off the main lobby if you need to use their computer.

The breakfast area was roomy with a nice buffet. I had a cheese omelet, bagel, banana, yogurt, orange juice, and coffeee. All included in the price of the room. That came with a free USA Today newspaper too. There are two treamills in the small fitness room if you need to work off the big breakfast.

The location too was very convenient. It is within 200 yards of Wal-Mart and there are also several restaurants in the same mall.

Overall, the Holiday Inn Express in Pell City exceeded all of my expectations. I would rank it definitely "best of class".

• Stayed January 2008
3 Thank ka7890
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Stayed at Pell City, Holiday Inn Express, while attending a wedding nearby. My travel companions and I (occupied two rooms) all expressed our amazement at how luxurious the mattresses as well as the bedding were. Would like to know the brand of the mattresses. Hotel and staff were all very pleasant. Continental breakfast was early and provided convenience of an early departure; excellent. Would definitely stay at Pell City HIE again.

• Liked — Bedding and Continental Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2006

Stayed here one night back in October 2006. It's right off I-20 Pell City exit. The super Walmart is directly across the street which is convenient if you need anything. It's a newly built hotel so everything is still in nice and new condition. The room I had faced the interstate and I could barely hear it or any of my neighbors either above or besides me. It's a holiday inn express and my room had the plush bed with several pillows embroidered

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
Comfort Inn Lincoln
#1 of 3 in Lincoln
Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Talladega

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pell City? Share your experiences!