“Great Place to Stay in the Columbus Area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The Holiday Inn Express in Phenix City is a lovely, clean place to stay. The rooms and public areas are very attractive and well-maintained. We were very happy with our decision to stay here while visiting the Columbus area.

Our king leisure room was very spacious with lots of seating space, work space, and wet bar. The bathroom is very large for this type of hotel. The only thing that we didn't like was the fact that all rooms of this type were on the front of the hotel facing the highway. We were relieved that the traffic noise was not bad. A very light sleeper might prefer a regular king room on the back side of the hotel which seems to look out to a wooded area -- might be more quiet. The cooling unit operates quietly and efficiently and is controlled by a wall-mounted thermostat. The mattress was extremely comfortable.

The woman who keeps the complimentary breakfast supplied is a happy, joyful person who obviously enjoys being around people. We enjoyed her as much as we enjoyed the breakfast. The selection of breakfast items is excellent and very tasty. We were grateful for a full breakfast before heading out for hiking in Providence Canyon (an absolutely gorgeous place!). The variety and quality of food was very good both mornings.

The business center and fitness center are well placed close to the front desk. Both require a room key for admittance and are clean and comfortable.

We would stay here again for a future visit to the area. The HIE down the highway in Columbus looked as well-maintained as this one and might also be a good choice (of course we did not see the inside).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a detailed review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Lynn Daughtry

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Reviewed 23 June 2011

After a long day and ready to get off my feet. I walked into this hotel. I was met with nicest smile and best attitude I have encountered in a while. Yvonne (I hope I have the name right) was bubbling over with energy and laughed a lot. Before I knew it I was smiling and laughing also. After I got to my room. A fire alarm was sounded. As everyone entered the lobby area Yvonne was there entertaining and seeing to everyone's needs and wants. I could not believe a fire alarm turned into a big get together in the lobby. It was fun to hear all the different area's of the United States guest were from visiting. The party was too short. I think everyone enjoyed this brief encounter and most stayed in the lobby area talking after the alarm was reset. Yvonne took a bad situation and turned it around to a good time. One person who was going to cancel his reservation decided not to because of Yvonne and her way of making it fun.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your wonferful review. We are very lucky to have employees like Yvonne to work with on a daily basis. This is what great customer service is all about and Yvonne is one of our role models. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

First rate.Staff is friendly and the hotel is relatively new.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I arrived very late and the Gentleman behind the counter could not find my reservation and I was starting to become uneasy. I had just traveled 13hrs. He quickly took care of me and got us into our room... The Ladies that followed were so very kind and cheerful and ALWAYS spoke to us upon entering and leaving. Being in a new city and not know anyone, it is extremely nice to have someone that truly cares. The house keepers also were extremely polite and genuine. I would recommend this location to everyone, especially those in town for Military reasons. Stay at this Hotel. You will leave with a smile, everyday!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Bayerlove01, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Thank you so much Ms. Bonnie I. for staying with us and giving us this wonderful feedback. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guest each day. I must say that we do have only the best guest that stay with us. This makes our job easy and fun. Thank you for making this your home away from home and we welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

I have stayed @ this exact hotel more times than I can count. Last year, my youngest son joined the military and went through Boot Camp in Ft Benning. Our first stay was for Family Day. I expected to stay in a clean, simple room and hopefully not be at the hotel much. I CAN HONESTLY SAY, THIS IS THE BEST HOTEL, WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN, IN OUR LIVES. I was shocked to find such friendly and compassionate people. Every member of staff, from the housekeeping to the front desk and on up, treated us like family. We felt like we belonged here. At the time, the front desk manager was a man named Terrance. He had actually been a drill instructor at Ft. Benning. He inspired my son, who went on to become an Airborne Ranger. My other son who was a police officer, decided to join in on the action.
So, we stayed every visit of my first sons events Family Day, Turning Blue, Graduation and Airborne Graduation here. I wouldn't feel comfortable anywhere else.
I made reservations to stay here for my other sons military events. He just had Family Day. He had me make sure we were in our "Home away from Home" .
I have worked in Business and Management all my life. So, I have done a lot of traveling. I've stayed in 5 Star hotels. I would rather be here at HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN PHENIX CITY, ALABAMA THAN ANY HOTEL IN THE WORLD.
Imagine if you would, not just feeling comfortable, but like you belong here. The staff are professional, compassionate, caring, hard working and multi-tasked. Everyone treats everyone the same. If you need anything, you have it, before you can finish closing your mouth to request it.
The rooms are super clean. They have a microwave, mini fridge that also has a freezer, the bathrooms are emmaculate. The bathtubs are a little oversized, so you can relax and enjoy a bubble bath if you wish. The beds are comfortable. Each room controls it's own temperature, so you can be completely comfortable.
The hallways are nice and clean. There is a pleasant smell throughout the establishment. They have a swimming pool, that you have to try, even if it's to get your toes wet. In the morning there is a breakfast, out of this world. They offer everything. It's hot, and plenty of it.
The location is close to everything. Prices are moderately low, compared to what you receive.
I want to say a special thank you to Yvonne. She worked front desk on the eve of Thursday April the 28th. We live in Kansas City, MO. We traveled a lonnnnggg way. She was extremelly sympathetic to a situation I was in. She also has 2 children in the military. A boy & A GIRL. I was near tears and helpless. She not only helped me correct the issue, but made me feel even more secure of my decision to ALWAYS stay at Holiday Inn Express in Phenix City,AL.
To All The Staff Members of Holiday Inn Express @ Phenix City: I give you a standing ovation for a job well done. I hope the owner knows what a great stafff he has.
I reccommend EVERYBODY, stay at this hotel. You won't regret it. Special thanks to: Terrance and Yvonne for begining my relationship with this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Bayerlove01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us this very valuable feedback. So many of our employees have family in the military. By taking care of our military families that come to visit us, we feel that we have somehow supported our troops. We have been so blessed by the stories told to us by our wonderful guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I've traveled here several times this year, and I always have a great stay. The front desk attendants go above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible, and the rooms are spacious and clean. All rooms are equiped with a mini fridge, microwave, and flat screen 32" tv. This is the ideal environment for liesure or business travel. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to give us this feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

We enjoyed this hotel very much. From the moment we checked in, we were greeted with a warm smile. Every single person on staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable; we had a restful stay. The breakfast got us started and out the door.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#16 of 47 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area

Address: 1702 Highway 280 Byp, Phenix City, AL 36867-5445 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City - Columbus)
Region: United States > Alabama > Phenix City
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Price Range: £72 - £111 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area 2.5*
The Phenix City, AL Holiday Inn Express near Columbus, GA welcomes you. Our hotel in Phenix City, AL provides an ideal location near many area points of interest, such as Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the River Center for Performing Arts and Forts Benning & Mitchell. Your family can enjoy a relaxing stay at our hotel in Phenix City, right across the river from beautiful Columbus, GA & near many attractions including the Civil War Naval Museum, Idle Hour Park, the Phenix City Amphitheater & the National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. If shopping is your preference, check out Peachtree Mall in Columbus, just 5 miles from our hotel in Phenix City, AL, or try the Columbus Park Crossing for some great bargains. Business travelers can enjoy a stay at our Phenix City accommodations near Columbus, GA because of our convenient location near area businesses such as Mead Coated Board, Aflac, Continental Carbon, Phenix Industrial Park, Synovus and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our Phenix City, AL hotel offers a 24 hr business center, a meeting room and convenient business services. We also provide free high-speed Internet access. During your stay at our Phenix City hotel, you can enjoy our outdoor pool, a 24 hr fitness center & the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our excellent Phenix City hotel room deals and book your hotel reservation today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Phenix City - Columbus