“Clean Rooms”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean Rooms”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nothing fancy, but clean rooms, nice bathrooms, comfy bed, and clean sheets. Great place for a simple place to stay. Also in a nice location, sports bar in lobby has good food. Only a 10 minute drive into Columbus and Fort Benning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised to find such a nice comfortable room at such a reasonable price. The room I had included a flat screen TV, microwave and mini refrigerator which were convenient. This property is located near Georgia and other highways on the way to downtown Columbus. The parking is spacious. The room was very clean and well arranged. The breakfast is a tad better than the usual continental breakfast. Not many healthy choices, though. Some of the staff is helpful, others are just there for the money, but in general they are very friendly. The pool and exercise room are also good. Patio next to pool is a nice place to relax. The bar looked welcomy, but did not went inside. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is really quiet and peacefull.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HRT_11
Lebanon, TN
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Read other reviews on this page, but disagree. The room was clean. The pool was clear transparent. The parking lot was clean. I notice they are doing some remodeling or updating. I would say the best asset of this hotel is the covered patio/porch. It's a very nice place relax and mingle. Kudos to Ms. DeLona at the Front Desk. She is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Upon check in I notice she call most the guests by name. Tamika might be to friendly for my taste and lack knowledge of the area, but service oriented. My apologies if I misspelled any of the names. The free breakfast is not your usual continental. Its much better than other hotels on the same category. If you are picky this is not the hotel for you. There is nothing fancy and the rooms are a little outdated. This property is for the budget minded people. No complaints here. Will stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Don't really know. I think all the rooms are the same. I like to stay on the higher floors, so I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Spend the extra couple dollars and stay up the road or a few miles in Columbus. The price was good, but not worth dealing with the hotel experience. For one, a group people parked near the back of the hotel yelled, drank, and hung out till after 11pm- despite the hotel security guy making rounds- made no attempt to curtail activities. Next, the room was poor. It was very musty, the bed spread had a large cigarette burn- despit being a nonsmoking room, and the tub took 30 min to drain after shower and after standing in 7 inches of water. As disappointing as all this was, the breakfast was good. There was biscuits and gravy, boiled or omlett eggs, sausage link or patty and choice of pastry and cereals.

• Stayed August 2013
TheQIManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your constructive feedback of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and through review. Furthermore, I am sorry to hear your experience was not so positive. I regret your stay did not meet your expectations. The hotel is under a new management and we are consistently looking for ways to improve upon our guest’s experience and welcome any suggestions. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and experience the changes that are taking place at our Hotel. Sincerely, The Management

Travellers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We ended up at this hotel after we refused to stay at another local hotel for our planned vacation. On first blush, this place seemed better, but I have to say that you definitely get what you pay for. The best element of our stay was the breakfast and the food at the in-house restaurant, AJ's. The staff was always very courteous and helpful. The pool was clean and there weren't any problems with other guests.
Inside the rooms, things fell apart a bit. There was obvious damage to the walls (holes, cracks, peeling drywall). The A/C units all leaked across the walkways, leaving spots where mold grew. The biggest problem was the bugs. We were in three rooms, and all three had roaches. I saw at least 6 in three days. How many more were there that I didn't see? Not a place for the squeamish.

Room Tip: Try an upstairs room for better pest control.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Short version: THIS PLACE IS AN UNSAFE DUMP WITH RUDE, INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Long story: I booked this room for a quiet place to stay prior to an early morning triathlon event. The first red flag was the 2 cop cars and description of a fight that had just occurred when we checked in. I was not too fond of the rooms having exterior doors after this first impression. I specifically asked for a quiet room....HUGE MISTAKE. We were put in a room in the back (I should have read the reviews more thoroughly or would NEVER have stayed here due to safety concerns).

Room issues: the bathroom light didn't work, the place was covered in mold, and the bathtub drain was clogged, the TV was the least of my concerns but it was bad too. In the morning, after my race, we returned at 9:00am. All I wanted was a shower and a nap before we checked out. Both proved to be difficult or impossible thanks to the staff here, as someone had entered our room, removed all the soap and shampoo, some of the towels, didn't clean and didn't replace anything....really weird. So, we had to track these things down and received rude service in the process. Right when I was about to get some needed sleep before a long drive, THE WORST: construction noise in the room next door. A circular saw was being used to cut wood right outside our room. I called the front desk and the woman acted like that was no big deal, eventually told us that the manager said there was nothing that could be done. I disagreed. I solved the problem in 1 minute by politely asking the workers to do less noisy work whilst there are customers attempting to sleep in the next room. They stopped. When checking out the woman was defensive and argumentative. THIS PLACE IS AN UNSAFE DUMP WITH RUDE, INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank COadmAL
Clawson, Michigan
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was great, Staff was very helpful. Place was super clean. Ate dinner at A.J.'s which is connected to the hotel. Food was fresh and delicious and the portions were large. Great place for families.

• Stayed June 2013
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#29 of 46 in Columbus

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus - Phenix City? Share your experiences!