“Three perfect nights..”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisgah
The Lodge at Gorham's Bluff
Ranked #1 of 1 Pisgah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Gorham's Bluff lodge to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Time seems to magically slows down at the bluff. Our room was lovely, with a king size bed and cozy fireplace. The view from our balcony was beyond breathtaking. We had breakfast delivered to our room each morning and enjoyed two romantic, candlelight dinners in the dining room. The food was fantastic. I'm a vegetarian and the chef accommodated my special diet. We took a walk and discovered hidden caves and a waterfall. We enjoyed every second of our stay. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank STEPHANIE J

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This trip was really about down time. We accomplished that because it was winter and there was little to do except bundle up and go out for a walk. The Lodge for us would be considered "stiff or uptight". The setting itself is lovely. The restaurant in The Lodge takes reservations for dinner from those who are not actually staying in the inn or in one of the cabins. At dinner time it was uncomfortable as folks who came to the restaurant made themselves at home in the lodge common area as much as 1 hour before reservation time, leaving little room for actual Lodge quests to enjoy the fireplace. If you want a lavish dinner, served with the glistening full table setting this place is for you. If you are looking for a Lodge with a steaming bowl hearty stew and cornbread, this place will not be for you. Also note if you are in a room underneath other guests, you will and can hear everything going on in the room above you.

Room Tip: We stayed in The King. Great views and quiet until upstairs guests arrived.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We celebrated our anniversary with the wonderful folks at Gorhams's Bluff. The room was lovely and had a wonderful view. The chef made a special dinner for us and the very special chocolate dessert was over the top. Breakfast was a southern delight and included the option of smoked trout. They packed our lunch for a bike ride which was a tasty treat. There are a number of bike trails that were shared with us by a neighbor in the village. The pool was lovely and we enjoyed a quiet afternoon by the pool. The staff is attentive and looks to fill your every need. We have celebrated other anniversary's here and have come with friends on other occasions. The homes that are located around the lodge can be rented for a family or group. They are lovely and well equiped. You could not go wrong chosing the lodge or a cottage. We will return again and enjoy the hospitality of this gracious place.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have balconies that look over the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 2 wonderful days/nights at Gorhams Bluff in the Lodge. Our room was lovely, and overlooked the Tennessee River, as does the whole Lodge. This was our first time, but hopefully will not be our last. We have been telling everyone about our stay in this beautiful location and accommodations. And I haven't even mentioned the gourmet style food you will enjoy. Or the warm and gracious staff. Or the very comfortable beds. Or the -- oh I could go on and on, but you should just go and check it out for yourself. You will be so glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

It was nice to return to the Bluff after many years. I recall past years when we were entertained with the theatre, ballet, and the Ghehart series and was sorry to learn that these are no longer offered. However, I must state that the evening dinner meal was a real treat, as in the past. My date (a new comer) was very impressed with the meal, the lodge and the beautiful scenery. Our dinner was interrupted with a medical emergency of one of the patrons at dinner and I compliment Dawn and the staff for the promp handling of the situation. I had envisioned a long wait for medical help but help arrived within minutes. The outcome of the situation was handled with a good outcome. Again, it was a great meal at a wonderful peaceful setting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family and I recently revisited Gorham's Bluff after a space of several years. Since our visit, they have added a pool and very comfortable, attractive pool area to the property. This was a welcome activity for those of us with small children to entertain, and a nice outdoor meeting place for the family to congregate. Another welcome change since our last visit is the removal of the 18% "gratuity" added to the entire bill which we had experienced in the past. This has been taken away and was applied only to one dinner in the lodge, where we had a group of over 20 people.
The staff was very friendly, and while the service may not always be as "slick" as a few other reviewers here would like, the staff is genuinely nice and helpful. We had a large group with complicated plans/special needs, and the owner and staff went out of their way to be patient, helpful, friendly and accomodating.
All of our meals were excellent - delicious, well-prepared and well-presented. We ate in the dining room, had dinner delivered to our cottage and boxed lunches to take away. Every time we were extremely pleased with our meal. Another reviewer noted that Gorham's Bluff does not sell wine/liquor. This is because it is located in a dry county. We picked up our own wine on the way and they chilled it and served it at our table in a wine cooler.
Gorham's Bluff is a charming, quiet place - remote and beautiful - and this is what I have always loved about it. Come to relax, read, swim, eat, stroll and enjoy the spectacular views.
We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: If you are staying in a cottage, there is no map on the website. If you want a bluff view, proximit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NYCEvelyn
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I just spent two days nestled in the Lodge in a beautifully furnished room with a simply gorgeous view of the Tennessee River Valley. Chef Rene Boyzo served us equally lovely and delicious meals--even the boxed lunches were thoughtfully presented. The staff could not have been more accommodating. We were there early in the week, so there were few other guests. Can't say what it is like with more guests, but we found Gorham's Bluff amazingly serene. It's location is so naturally beautiful, I can't imagine it any way other than peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Gorham's Bluff? Share your experiences!