“Amazing”

Wash House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wash House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
D'Iberville
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We went for our anniversary and it was amazing-beautiful setting inside and out -food and service the best! -especially our wonderful waiter !!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Debbie B

Auburn
“Good but over-rated”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We had heard great things about The Wash House and were excited about dining there. The atmosphere is nice--very relaxing. The food was good but was not quite as fabulous as we had expected. It would be a nice place to observe a special occasion.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank goodwaterbetty
Macon, Georgia
“We had a very good experience :-)”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Our group dinner was a good experience. I had read reviews about the restaurant that were not exactly favorable, so there was some concern about taking my group of 20+ conference attendees there. I even talked with the restaurant about those reviews to express my hesitation in choosing them, and of course I was reassured that everything would be fine. And it was...and then some. The restaurant worked with us on a set menu for the group, they stayed within our budget, the food was excellent (in particular, those that chose the steak raved and raved about it), and the service was outstanding. We were very pleased with our food, service, and event. I can't speak for individual dining there, but for a group outing, I would recommend the Wash House. As always, communication is key when planning a group outing, and the Wash House came through in awesome fashion for our group.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank LT_from_GA
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
“Special and romantic”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Get the table by the fireplace on a chilly evening. Love the food

4 Thank Lauriebydasea
montgomery alabama
“Superb in every way”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Had dinner on Thursday night, January 26,2012.
The exterior is somewhat rustic, but it is an 1800s wash house. We were promptly greeted and seated at a quiet table, which is what I had requested. Our waiter, wread, was prompt,, friendly, and informative. My wife is a vegetarian, and he informed her to decide what dish she wanted and the chef would make it vegetarian, which was very accommodating. I had possibly the best gumbo of my life, full of andoille, shrimp, and even alligator. The roasted beet salad was very good as well. The blackened amberjack was one of their signature dishes, and the lemon gastrique is apparently very slowly reduced. Overall superb. Dessert consisted of bananas foster, which was pretty good, but the key lime bread pudding was to die for. My two favorite desserts rolled into one.
The wine list was satisfactory, and the pricing was very reasonable.
Would highly recommend for taste, presentation and value. No negatives.

3 Thank lakemartindoc