“Once your in, it is great”

Islamorada Fish Co.
Ranked #17 of 120 Restaurants in Prattville
Cuisines: Seafood
Clanton, Alabama, United States
“Once your in, it is great”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We read great reviews about Islamorada we had to try it out. When we first walked in we were kind of met by the I guess you can call it Hostess. She was an older women and I only say that because I wanted to describe her since I did not see her name. When we walked in she starred at us then looked down at the seating chart and started having a conversation with a waitress called Anna. She seemed fixed to make sure we were seated at 32 at least that's what I was gathering, Since this women was cold and not very inviting. She was not the nicest to Anna either, who was told to tell Erica to take care of our table. Now the visit stars getting a bit better. Anna seated us and said our waitress would be right with us. About 5 minutes later she stopped back by the table to ask if Erica had stopped by to help us. We said no, but asked her if she could be our waitress since she had been so nice so far. She agreed. We had a fantastic meal, my wife had the grilled Salmon and I had the Catfish. Anna, was an awesome waitress and made sure we were well taken care of. By the way Erica never did show up at the table. After dinner we paid and as we were leaving the older lady was right there and we smiled at her showing our pleasure with the whole meal but she totally ignored us did not even wish us a nice day as we left. She stared directly at us so I know she knew we were there, but there was nothing but a chill coming from her. Besides the Hostess that evening, everything was awesome.

Visited February 2014

Montgomery, Alabama
“Just a taste”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stoped in the Bass Pro for a little shopping and decided to finally try out the FishCamp.the fist thing I noticed was the giant fish tank and that won me over about deciding where I wanted to sit. The bar was the best viewing area. After sitting down the bartender came over and took our drink order and came back to see if we would want anything else . Decided on the sampler platter as it had a good selection of little nibbles . After a few minutes she came back to inform us the ribs for the platter were out and offered to replace them with what ever we wanted so we decided on the gator....(good choice) she was very sweet and even with her being busy she keep the drinks coming ..she did bring us a loaf of bread but I am not a fan of sweet breads but my husband enjoyed it very much. When the platter came it was just a bit more than 2 people could eat and trust me we tried. The only thing I was not crazy about was the shrimp it tasted a little over cooked but it didn't stop the other stuff from being tasty . It came with 4 dips and I can't remember the all but it was good . I do hope we get to go back and maybe try an entree next time.

Visited January 2014
Prattville, Alabama
“Tasty butterfly shrimp”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

They are one of the few places that have butterfly shrimp in Prattville. The calamari is also a good choice for an appetizer along with alligator. When ordered this time they had stopped having baked potato on menu which was disappointing. The bread with the sugar topping is wonderful also.

Visited November 2013
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is awesome.....I love the huge fireplace. The food was fantastic and prepared exactly how I asked (I'm a picky eater and don't like things over seasoned). Even though we came in close to closing time, we were in no way rushed and the service was awesome. Not much beats good ole southern hospitality and great food. I will be going back the next time I'm in town. Best mahi mahi I've ever had! Next time I will be trying the alligator as well

• Visited November 2013
Gallatin, Tennessee
“More Than Bass”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a family group of 17 and they managed well with a table for 18. A little strange but impressive to dine with full size shark, rays, tuna, sailfish, etc hanging from the ceiling. They have the largest salt water aquarium I have seen in a restaurant. As for the food, it was OK but not spectacular. The crab cakes were only passable but the grilled mahi-mahi seemed fresh. The price was appropriate. We would go back.

• Visited October 2013