“Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Prattville
Raleigh
“Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This location passed my strict litmus test with an "A". The first impression was excellent. The room I received was clean, cooled and ready. I would recommend this location to any business traveler, or a family.

My pet peeve is the air filters in the A/C. Not a deal breaker, but I check every room I rent. This room's filters don't appear to have been cleaned in quite a while. I would give them a "D" grade.
2 or 3 minutes of rinsing in hot water, and they are as clean as new.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I try to find LQs everywhere I travel- the consistency of quality service and properties among the LQ brand is surprisingly good. Prattville is a great place to stay the night between St. Louis and the Florida gulf coast. We had a very late check in and were greeted right away. Parking was easy, the hotel clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast filling, and the experience one we would repeat. Our only complaint was that the volume did not work on the television.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
lqprattville, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Prattville, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We strive to provide clean, comfortable room -- and I’m pleased that you were satisfied. I wish you had reported the problem with the TV because that was likely easily corrected. I hope you will stay with us again at every opportunity. It was a true pleasure to serve you, and I do apologize for the small problem with the television.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at La Quinta Inns before due to the pet policy. What I have found is the quality is incredibly hit or miss. This was a definite miss. The lobby, not so bad. We were put in a room on the second floor, with two Boxers. The downstairs had decent tile and looked fine. We got upstairs. The carpet was absolutely filthy and horrifying. Open the door to the room and the bathroom was recently remodeled and looked fine. The interior of the room was filthy with broken furniture that looked as though it was purchased from a second hand store. The television stand was made of decaying particle board. There were broken shelves in it. The side tables were chipped and the alarm clock didn't work. The room had clearly been neglected for some time...meaning it was dirty with carpets that were stained. Frankly if I hadn't just driven 1900 miles in two and a half days, I would have left, but was too tired to search for another dog friendly hotel. I would never stay, nor recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, from a safety perspective, someone kept propping the locked side door open with a rock. On the same side of the hotel, a car parked in front of the dumpster with 3 young men drinking and smoking at around 10:30p on a Saturday night. Intimidating if you want to walk your pets.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room-stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank P W
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you were not pleased with the quality of your room. So many guests are completely satisfied each night. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we fell short in this case despite our efforts. We are also very concerned that a guest propped open a side door on this occasion, and that’s why we kept removing the rock. We monitor our exits and entrances carefully to make sure safety features are not disabled.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was my families first stay at a La Quinta Inn. We were traveling to Panama City Beach from Kentucky with my husband and two young girls. The hotel is very clean and very modern. The breakfast was yummy except for the large amount of flies. This is a pet friendly hotel so expect to be woken up at 6am by barking dogs. We chose this hotel because of its convenience to the interstate and because it is smoke free. I wish the entire property was smoke free because my family was covered in smoke at the pool but the pool was a warm salt water pool.

Stayed June 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this hotel looking for a restaurant & place to spend the night while passing through. We were pleasantly surprised at how La Quinta has changed! This hotel was extremely clean & the staff was very pleasant. We requested a handicap accessible room. It was very spacious with a roll in shower, grab bars, shower bench & 2 Queen beds. There was a microwave & refrigerator in the room as well. Breakfast was plentiful. The pool was great. One problem was that since the hotel is pet friendly, you may hear yapping dogs as we did all night long. Being a dog owner, I blame the inconsiderate dog owners that night, not the hotel. The hotel is supposedly completely non-smoking, as usual you will find people breaking the rules (we smelled smoke in our room coming from another room). According to the manager this has been an ongoing problem. We did not call to notify staff but the manager told us we should have & if they find the room where someone is smoking, they will be fined & asked to leave. There are restaurants close by. We ate at the Cracker Barrel, which was really good home cooking. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014
TN.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Laquinta Inns before because of pet friendliness and have been pleased. The customer service was excellent. Our biggest complaint was the moment we stepped off the elevator we were met with horrible pet odor! Hallway was terribly stained. Upon entering the room the smell lessened. The lobby and first floor were beautiful. New tile flooring would seem to be what is most prudent to be used in hallways of pet friendly hotels. Breakfast was lacking with front desk serving as attendant. Not much out and very little variety. We have stayed numerous times at the La Quinta in Dothan, AL. With very different results. We were not traveling with pets this trip but we would still consider staying here again because of friendly service by employees. Just would be nice if something was done about hallway carpet and room carpet also. Cleaned if not replaced. The smell was overwhelming. Was offered a very cheap rate and don't know if that was because we arrived late or because of smell making it less desirable to stay.

• Stayed June 2014
lqprattville, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Prattville, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad we were able to provide you such a great price. We will take your feedback about the carpet and other issues into consideration. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a great price no matter the situation, and I’m sorry if we failed you in any way. Most guests are completely satisfied, and I apologize that this was not the case for you.

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Room was great. They are in the middle of upgrading the entire property, but there's no mess. They recently put in new tile flooring, draperies throughout, and new vanities in the bathrooms. Carpet will be changed out in July 2014.

Room Tip: Stayed in 2016, across from elevator, but a very quiet room. Floors are thin so you hear everything...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family