“Highly recommend”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Prattville
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Prattville
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very convenient off the interstate! Nice, comfortable queen size beds. Big bathroom and spacious room. Helpful booking and hotel staff. Best nights sleep I've had in over a week. Did not have time for the breakfast but it smelled good. Nicely decorated.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Diana F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Booked it sight unseen about 2 hours before we stopped for the night. Clean and maintained; nice breakfast; friendly staff. Accessories are fairly low end; styrofoam water glasses are a bit tacky, even for a budget priced hotel. Pet friendly. Hotel Is located near a fairly busy intersection but that did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper, it may be a consideration. This hotel is a good value for the money; rating would be 3.5 if it were available.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Laura N
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel had a lot of positives that we really enjoyed, and like all hotels, a few negatives. We stayed here for roughly two weeks before a military move. We had one of the King rooms with a full kitchen on the 3rd floor.
First, the room had ample size for us and our pet (two adults/one dog). The kitchen had a four-range stove, oven, full-sized refrigerator, four-person dining table, etc. Very comfortable for two weeks! Secondly, the area around the hotel was safe and clean, plenty of space to walk your pet and they offer sanitary bags for your animal if needed - very convenient. All of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Thirdly, I cannot speak for any of the other floors, but the third floor was very quiet. There is one washer/dryer on site (bring quarters!) that are efficient.
The only negatives we came across were the A/C unit, mattress, WiFi, and the odor on the 3rd floor. The A/C units (2 in the suite) worked well to cool the room down; however, for some reason, the air it blew out was extremely moist. Our papers that were in the room would have that feel to them and you always felt a little sticky. We tried cracking a window to help, but it rained for a lot of our stay so we could not do that very often. Next, the mattress was certainly fine, but if you are accustomed to a more firm mattress, you may have some aches and pains the next morning. It was a soft mattress to begin with, but I think it was just a little worm out. It gave a lot on the sides if you sat on the bed. The WiFi worked very slowly. It would show connectivity, but it was almost as if their were too many people trying to use it all the time - like the capacity didn't quite accommodate the amount of people in the hotel. Finally, if you do not enjoy the smell of Indian food, you may want to request a 2nd or 1st floor room. Most of the time, it smelled appetizing, but if you bothered easily by strong ethnic food smells, I would avoid this floor. I will say, I smelled it in our room, but usually closer to the door/bathroom; it did not tend to drift to the bed, kitchen area where you do a lot of living.
A few other positives: walking distance to many restaurants (Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, Los Toros, etc.). There are quite a few neighbourhoods near by if you like to go running in the morning/evening. The hotel is right off the interstate and there is plenty of parking.

Room Tip: I would ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room because of the aforementioned observations in the review.
2 Thank Nathan-Lindsey C
Hanceville, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very nice and safe area. The room was very nice and comfortable. Its conveniently located to interstate 65. My issue was with the LaQuinta website and not the hotel. They sent me a confirmation email which had directions to the hotel that were totally wrong and after going 30 miles out of my way, 60 miles round trip, when speaking with customer service they didn't see to care.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Toni S
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If my kids were up I'd already be out of here. The room was lean however this is the worst mattress ever and should have been thrown out in 1985 after it's 25 yr life span was up, you literally roll to the middle if someone sleeps with you! I woke up with both shoulders and neck throbbing despite bringing my own pillow. There's a no smoking ring in our too however we clearly could smell smoking from the too next for with our door shut.
We walked our dogs outside which in plain view has a dog poop scoop trash can and bags but there was plenty enough BIG DOG feces around that you have to watch your step. The kids wanted to swim but felt uncomfortable around a croup of foreign drunk men throwing down whiskey and belting out songs in a foreign lang. Love la quinta usually but I wont ever stay here again. I should have slept in the pool lounger and let the drunk men sing me to sleep .

3 Thank pooksybear
lqprattville, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Prattville, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While we cannot condone your comments that condemn some guests because of their country of origin or the language they speak, we can apologize to you for any ways in which our accommodations fell short of your needs. Others were completely satisfied the same night. In any case, you have my apologies for failing to exceed your expectations.

Hotel Manager
Raleigh
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This location passed my strict litmus test with an "A". The first impression was excellent. The room I received was clean, cooled and ready. I would recommend this location to any business traveler, or a family.

My pet peeve is the air filters in the A/C. Not a deal breaker, but I check every room I rent. This room's filters don't appear to have been cleaned in quite a while. I would give them a "D" grade.
2 or 3 minutes of rinsing in hot water, and they are as clean as new.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I try to find LQs everywhere I travel- the consistency of quality service and properties among the LQ brand is surprisingly good. Prattville is a great place to stay the night between St. Louis and the Florida gulf coast. We had a very late check in and were greeted right away. Parking was easy, the hotel clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast filling, and the experience one we would repeat. Our only complaint was that the volume did not work on the television.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor.
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We strive to provide clean, comfortable room -- and I’m pleased that you were satisfied. I wish you had reported the problem with the TV because that was likely easily corrected. I hope you will stay with us again at every opportunity. It was a true pleasure to serve you, and I do apologize for the small problem with the television.

Hotel Manager