“This isn't your regular Hampton Inn. Know that before you book.”

Howard Johnson Prattville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Prattville
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“This isn't your regular Hampton Inn. Know that before you book.”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and am a Hilton Honors Guy (Diamond). I typically stay at Hampton Inns or Double Trees atleast once a week. I love Hampton Inns because of the consistency you get across the board whether you are in Alabama or NJ.

I was shocked when I pulled into the entrance and discovered that half the hotel was a motel style establishment with exterior entrances. Guess which room I got? You guessed it. I about just cancelled my stay and double backed into Montgomery and grab a room, but decided to take a look. Actually, the room was fine....just like your standard Hampton Inn room. Not bad, not great. Big issue is that you hear the foot traffic and car doors slamming outside your room. Did I mention there are two gas stations within spitting distance from the place.

I'm not ripping on the place, good staff...good people. You just need to know that before you stay here. To me, I might as well save my company the $50 and stay at the Red Roof Inn if I wanted an exterior room. Live and Learn and next time I will just stay at the Hampton Inn in Montgomery. Like I said, no problem with management....just dissappointed that Hilton put there name on this property.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
WI
Reviewed 28 October 2010

This property is located right next to the interstate. I stayed here with a group of guys for a golf trip. We are all frequent travelers (for business) and agreed that the staff was among the most friendly we have encountered. The hotel is kind of 'two properties in one.' Part of the property has outside entrances, this section seems older, but the walls, carpet, tile and sinks all look very well maintained or new (carpet looked good and seemed like fresh paint on the walls). The rooms had clean bedding and flat screen TV's These outside entrances were great as we could easily take our clubs right from the car to the room. Part of the group stayed in these rooms and part stayed on the interior part of the building.

The other part of the hotel is much more 'Hampton inn like' in that it has interior entrances. Each of these rooms also had an over sized mini-fridge and micro wave. Again, flat panel TV's and updated bedding.

This was a great property for us, near to a number of chain places to eat, the staff was great and breakfast was a nice treat before we hit the links. For those that are golfers, there is a driving range that is nearby as well.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Viera, Florida, USA
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Nice place, good clean rooms, be sure to get one with an inside hallway, however.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Toni1769, General Manager at Howard Johnson Prattville, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know you liked us! We always love having you here. Your business and thoughts are always appreciated.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2010

When an inn has aged to the point where it cannot successfully be upgraded, it is time to withdraw the name that implies higher standards than we found here. The presence of exterior room access should have been a clue that this was a really old property--small bedroom, small closet and small dressing room. In this inn Hampton touts its "bowed" shower rod (never could figure out why this is worth touting), but this "upgrade" means that the door of the really small bathroom scrapes the jutting rod as well as the toilet seat. In fairness, the staff had the Hampton friendly, can-do spirit. Even the head housekeeper was properly horrified when, on departing, we advised her that someone on her staff had overlooked removing a pair of men's skivvies left in the bottom of our closet by a previous guest. The owner of this Hampton franchise needs to be advised to set his/her sights on buying into a lower economical level brand.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank fllady6701
Thank you so much for your stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your lodging needs. Please accept my sincere apology for your dissappointment with one of our exterior standard rooms. Yes, we are an older Hampton property...number 455, built and opened in March of 1995. There are now over 1800 Hamptons serving millions of travelers. In 1997 we added a second, interior entrance building allowing us to offer both entrance types. The exterior building features our standard kings, singles and doubles, while the interior building has king studies and double queen rooms. The interior rooms are larger and offer microfridges. If you find yourself back in our neck of the woods, we would love to have you give us another try, perhaps in an interior king study or double queen. We have proudly served Prattville for 15 years; and we have kept up with the Hampton standards as we strive to maintain friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings for every guest every stay. Please contact me if you have further concerns. Your thoughts and comments are always welcome and invaluable as we continually work toward excellance and satisfied guests!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 30 June 2010

As the reservation rep of my company read off the list of available hotels I immediately chose the Hampton Inn, but did not realize I would be in for a big surprise. The check-in went really smooth thanks to the kindness of the staff but as I looked around I thought to myself, "this has got to be the very first Hampton Inn that was built." Not only does it look old it smells old as well. They really tried to update the rooms with flat screen tvs and beautiful bedding, but forgot to update everything else. It's truly the Econo Lodge with the Hampton Inn sticker price. If you need somewhere to crash for a night or two try Days Inn, looks better and it's cheaper.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 14 June 2010

No pool, right off 65. Conveinent for travellers. Only thing I was not to keen about was that my room door opened up to open air which I have never experienced in a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We have stayed at this property, for the last 10 years, on our way down to Florida..Have never had a complaint or been unhappy. Plenty of restaurants in the areal And now with the Bass Pro Shop, behind the hotel, and, its something to do, if you are just an overnighter. Good value..... and Nice Breakfast.....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prattville
Days Inn & Suites Prattville-Montgomery
Hampton Inn & Suites Prattville
Baymont Inn & Suites Prattville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prattville
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Millbrook
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Prattville South

Been to Howard Johnson Prattville? Share your experiences!