“Good place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roanoke
Sarasota
“Good place”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions, the prices are reasonable and the service is good. The maids are always on time (usually remind you where you can leave her tip). The rooms are clean and fairly large. We were overall happy with the service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
pankajkumar p, Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We read all comments and appreciate the feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We got a decent non-smoking room at the last minute. It was clean and even had a fridge and microwave. We had a double bed and the beds were comfortable. Had trouble turning the heater on, it even emitted a burning smell and activated the smoke alarm but despite that I would have to give it a 4 rating. Customer service was good and they let us have a late checkout without any issue. Did not have breakfast since we were meeting folks at Jack's for breakfast. But if you ever want a $2.99 breakfast that includes eggs, sausage, biscuit, gravy and coffee Jack's is the place for you and it is a few minutes from the hotel near the Walmart.

Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped in without reservations while on a motorcycle ride. The desk attendant was very kind and worked it out so that our friend's room was next to ours. The room was spacious, very clean, and had a lovely smell. We will most definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Lithia Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days because of the death of my uncle. My husband and I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my family. Horrible mistake but never again. The rooms are old and musty. The tile in the bathroom and around the jacuzzi was cracked, stained, and in need of re-grout. The price was horrible for the quality. I was charged $92.80 per night but the room was not even worth $30.00 per night. The bed skirt on the bed was dusty and the mattress was worn. They had placed 2 twin (extra soft) pillows on a king size bed, I called the front desk and requested 4 extra pillows and they made me come and get them (really, poor customer service)

Room Tip: Stay here only if you must!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
weirsdale
Reviewed 29 July 2013

good clean, but not cheap for the size of the town Roanoke is a entrance to lake wedowee, and hunters for the area. there is a pizza hut next door and you can walk , and mc,donalds is a few bloks away for your egg mcmuffen which we did. there is a small pool for the kids go for it. king

Room Tip: quiet any where front or back it is not directly on highway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DeLand, FL
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I found myself passing through the Roanoke area in Sept. of 2011 on a motorcycle trip. I chose the Key West Inn simply because it had the best appearance from the outside of the 3 motels in town. I had no problems with the room, what so ever. In Oct. of 2012, I was i was touring the Talladega Mountain area, and in the late afternoon made a point of riding to Roanoke, remembering the decent motel there. I got a room at the Key West Inn, and again I found the room to be decent, clean, and the hotel staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone coming through the area, who isn't insistent on a fancy, upscale hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This hotel is a gem in an area which does not have many motels. I was especially lucky to have found it near a weekend when Auburn University was playing Arkansas and there was auto racing at Talladega. This hotel kept its reasonable rates while those, along I-20 & I-85 and in surrounding cities, were doubling theirs.

Everything worked as it should including the wireless Internet, plumbing and in-room microwave and refrig. Everything was clean and neat and the staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Been to Key West Inn? Share your experiences!