“Saraland near Mobile”

Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saraland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the Best Western Hotel. I arrived late that night and there were no issues checking in. The staff was pleasant as well and very accommodating. The room was very clean nice hotel for an affordable price. The hotel was a new Best Western and it was right on point. The location was great as well – right off the intrastate and easy access. Hotels, gas stations and Walgreens were in close proximity. Definitely would recommend this hotel going forward and when I visit again I will definitely consider staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
There are newer reviews for Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I checked in Fri.afternoon with my two kids and the receptionist at that time was very sweet and courteous.I also assured her of some expected guest coming for my sons Bday and she said that will be fine.So as my guest started arriving the shift changed and we then had a different receptionist which called my room to inform me they were there.My guest also told me that the receptionist at that time didnt greet them at all which I apologized for.But to make a long story short we all were in the room along with me my two kids, about 5 other kids, and 3 parents while the kids were casually playing video games.The receptionist then knock on the door saying that she has been getting several noise complaints and Im like we"re(Parents)obviously here in the room with them and their not making any noise and that it was a lot of rumbling coming from up stairs which I asked her to stand there and listen and she said no its specifically my room which really pissed me off because as parents we made it our business to keep the kids calm even without talking. I also asked her y she didnt just call the room and she claimed the phone was off the hook which was an issue with the hotel because people were saying that they were trying to call the room but the calls werent coming through so they called my cell phone instead.By that time she said if I keep getting noise complaints we all were going to have to leave in front of my kids and other guest.At that time I walked to the front desk and told her I didnt appreciate the way she addressed me about something that wasnt even going on in my room and requested at least a partial refund because we were only there for about 6 or 7 hrs out of a 24hr stay.She said "No your not getting any money back"I then asked for the manager which she called on her cell phone prior to me asking for a refund.The manager said I could stay but if I get a noise complaint I would have to leave.I told her that I rather not stay because of the false noise complaints and could she just compensate me the remaining of my stay.She then got rude and very disrespectful and ask me to leave and said I would after my refund.She said "No and if I didnt leave she was calling the police which I thought was great knowing the situation.So the receptionist called the police and he came and said they told him I was disorderly and rude but as he sees me he didnt observe anything of that nature.He didnt even know I was the guest standing right beside him.I told him the situation and he said its only right o give me a partial refund and then asked the receptionist to call the manager back to see y she is refusing.He talked to her and said she was also very rude to him and that it is now a civil matter and I most definetley have a case against them which I am now pursing.So he ask me to just go ahead and leave since its private property and they requested that I do and he hate I had to experience that with my kids in Saraland and he is more than willing to testify on this matter.I also called corporate and customer care about this issue

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot between Mobile Alabama and Atlanta Georgia. I've stayed in quite a few hotels along that route. This one is a keeper. It is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The cost is comparable to or below their neighboring competitors. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The bathroom was very dirty my first day arriving. I ended up cleaning the room myself because I didn't want any problems through out the week staying there. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were very worn and had some kind of stains on them. I was very disgusted and disappointed. My personal hygiene was compromised and I didn't like it one bit. I had to stay there per the company that I work for or I would not have stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The night we stayed there were High School teams staying there and a rock band.
It was loud, the pool was disgusting, the gentlemen at the front desk were very nice.
The room was nice, no bed bugs, or dirty things. The remote was sanitized and in a sealed bag and they had a descent breakfast. No Gluten free or Kosher or any special diet considerations.
Overall the staff in the evening was the best part of the stay.

Room Tip: Book on CheapTickets for the best rate. Get top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Most people visiting the Mobile area probably wont want to stay this far from the beach/water, but if you don't mind a bit of a drive, this is the place to stay in suburban Mobile. Seemed like a fairly new hotel, we stayed in a king suite and it was definitely worth more than what I paid to stay there. The room was clean, plenty of towels, pillows and the staff was polite. Just a few minutes from downtown Mobile as we were visiting the USS Alabama and Dauphin Island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for a week with a large group of friends. The hotel couldn't accommodate our group and am not sure why they accepted our reservations which were made weeks in advance. There were 4 of us in my room. Upon arrival there were only two sets of towels in the bathroom. I called the front desk to request more towels and was told there were no more towels clean and it would be the next day before we had more towels. I called again the next morning and still no towels available. I asked if housekeeping could leave 4 sets and was told housekeeping would be informed. When we got back to our room after a long day, there were 2 washcloths, one hand towel, and one full size towel. Housekeeping knocked on the door and gave me another full size towel but said they were not allowed to leave more than two sets of towels even though there were four guests in our room and if we needed more to call the front desk which I immediately did only to be told there were no towels. This happened everyday of our week-long stay. Many nights I had to shower with or dry off with a hand towel. One night I had to share with my daughter! One day we returned to our room to find all of our used towels gone and NO towels left. I understand that we were a larger group than this hotel is probably used to serving but there should be enough towels to accommodate the number of paying guests booked in a room. Breakfast was also a bit on the skimpy side. On a more positive note, the staff at this hotel were some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever come in contact with. The towel shortage was a management problem. If you stay here, avoid booking more than double occupancy or plan to bring your own towels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Baymont Inn & Suites Saraland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Saraland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile Satsuma / Saraland

Been to Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!