“FILTHY ROOM”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saraland
Conyers, Georgia
“FILTHY ROOM”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We checked in about 2am with a tired 2year old. We checked the bed for bed bugs and went to sleep. Next morning could not make coffee because the top of the coffee maker in the bathroom was covered with crud (maybe soap or hair spray). That got our attention! The night stand and desk were covered with fingerprints. Unfortunately we dropped an item behind the night stand and was sickened to see the dirt and crud back there. I have pictures to prove all I have said.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I travel a LOT, and almost always use Holiday Inn (or one of their sister companies).
That being said, I can honestly tell you that I do not know what the two seriously negative reviews regarding this hotel were talking about.
I was checked in quickly and politely. My room was quite comfortable with modern solid looking furniture, a 32" LCD TV and a king sized bed.
The hotel and the room appear to be very clean, and if the building isn't brand new - it had to have been refurbished very recently. (There is little to no wear and tear on anything)
Either the walls are well insulated, or I have no neighbors on my floor. (I literally cannot hear anyone!)
Neither pets or smoking are allowed, and when all you want is to get some rest - those are fantastic rules to have!

My only "cons" with this location is that I believe it's a little pricey for a Holiday Inn in AL., and having only one narrow driveway to enter and leave is disaster waiting to happen.

PS - One reviewer stated that the hotel is "practically in Wal-Marts parking lot"
Thankfully, that isn't completely accurate. Wal-Mart is 1/2 mile from the hotel. (I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2007

We checked in late and went to rooms (2). One of the cards didn't work so had to make another trip down to front desk. The bathroom needs a good scrubbing, black mildew in the grout. Uck! Bed is hard, as well.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank lovetotravelTexas

Travellers are raving about these Saraland hotels

atlanta
Reviewed 26 June 2006

I used to think that you couldn't go wrong with a reservation at a Holiday Inn or a Holiday Inn Express. Not so. When I arrived at this inn, I was told that the double beds located in the nonsmoking section that I requested were no longer available. The front desk clerk said that since I reserved the room online through Orbitz, Holiday Inn could not guarantee what Orbitz promised me. Instead I was offered two double beds in a smoking section which I refused. Since I and the rest of my family are not smokers, this offer was not a realistic option. The clerk told me that I would have to take the room in the nonsmoking section with the king size bed. I told her if she thought I was going to share a bed with my husband and15 year old grandson she was out of her mind! I asked the clerk if she had a rollaway bed for my grandson. Although she did not feel confident that a bed was available for my grandson, the clerk reluctantly looked for one and located a rollaway bed. I paid cash for the use of the bed and maintained a zero balance. I was grateful that we only stayed one night at this inn because the next morning my husband, grandson and I awoke to tremendous back pain. The mattresses were so uncomfortable, it felt like we had slept on the floor. I was ecstatic to check out of the hotel and head back home until I went online to check my bank statement. I almost hit the ceiling when I saw that the Holiday Inn Express had placed a hold on my checking account for an additional day even though I had paid in advance three weeks prior to my stay. When I contacted the inn in Mobile, the front desk clerk stated that she could not do anything about the charges and that I should leave a message on the voice mail. I told her that I wanted to speak with the manager and she stated that I needed to "speak to the voice mail." When I contacted the Holiday Inn's corporate offices I was told that because I used a Debit Card, the hotel placed a hold on my account for $109 and they could not determine how long the hold would be placed on my account. Consequently, I am going to contact my bank to lodge a complaint against Holiday Inn Express for fraudulant charges. In addition, I am contacting the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank predicate
Bay Area California
Reviewed 1 July 2005

The staff was super and the rooms were clean. We felt safe and at home for the 4 days spent in Mobile. It is close to downtown and west Mobile (Semmes and Wilmer) equally.

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank WaffleHouseFan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraland
Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Saraland

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!