This place is the most misrepresented destination I've ever had the misfortune to visit. The Eco part of their claim to fame is just a way of saying we're too cheap to spend money on our facilities. there's nothing Eco about it. But boy do they know how to charge. For everything! The quaint little village you pay to see is a dump. The diving sucks compared to the north of Fiji. there's no useable dock so you trudge a hundred meeters over the mud flats to get to the boats most days. they constantly move your gear around resulting in a game of hide and go see each day. The boat captains never once dropped us off at the site without a 50 yard swim to get there. The boat doesn't stop to allow you entry so you're group always spends the first 5 minutes getting together. That is if you find them. Poor tank fills. Every tank o-ring leaked. The food was awful and over cooked when it wasn't. Battery charging was a pain because of solar power. They have a gen set but don't run it for the guests. The Bures were extremely hot and humid due to no A/C or even a simple fan sosleeping is misery. No reading light so when the sun goes down there's nothing to do. There's spiders the size of baseballs that roam around in your Bure. Cockroaches in your clothes and anything else you leave out. We were there 2 days before we met the owner who had been walking around without introducing himself and this place is very small. Once you meet him you understand how a place could be this bad. He could care less about the guests. Its all about the money and once you're there you're a captive. Instead of travelling 2/3rds the way around the world to be totally disappointed save the travel time and go stand under a cold shower and tear up a couple dozen $100 bills. you'll have a better experience. Fiji itself is beatiful and so are the Fijians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your adventure as you experience the magnificent beauty of a remote unspoiled tropical Fijian Island. Plunging volcanic rain forest slopes meet azure coral lagoons and the Great Astrolabe Barrier Reef, a rare untouched slice of nature unfolds before your eyes. No roads, no noise, no stress and no carbon footprint. Traditional thatched Fijian Bures hug the jungle fringes. Private sun decks gaze over the turquoise lagoon. Dive the reef from the multiple award winning PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, snorkel the marine reserves, explore the jungle trails, or just pamper yourself in the Spa. Relax in the splendor of your private en-suit bure as you contemplate the stunning sunset and anticipate the evening's dinner of fresh fish, fruits and organic vegetables, grown right before your very eyes and served by lantern light on the ocean deck. Far from the maddening crowd, unplug and recharge at Matava, Fiji's premier Eco-Adventure Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matava - Fiji`s Premier Eco Adventure Hotel Kadavu Island
- Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort Kadavu Island