Just returned from Matava and had a great, very exclusive, experience. The diving was excellent and the Dive Operation is first rate both in accomodation as well as professional standards. Had the opportunity to meet all three owners Jeannie, Adrian and Richard at different points..each unique, intelligent and available. Much of Matava is about the people..the staff and the travellers. The staff are simply nice people who make every effort to make you feel at home in their home. Adrian's wife Karen becme my dive buddy and with Lei, the dive master, we explored the Astrolab Reef both inside and out (with a bit of a drift one day). The new resort managers David and Jackie (my land buddy)had just arrived and will bring a unique touch. This is a place for travellers, not tourists. It's set into the landscape of the rainforest and designed to blend and not impose on the scene. This is "real" Fiji without the spoils of tourist trappings. Matava is for the experience. It's comfortable, beautiful and tastefully simple. Great people, great diving and a remote Fiji experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your adventure as you experience the magnificent beauty of a remote unspoiled tropical Fijian Island. Plunging volcanic rain forest slopes meet azure coral lagoons and the Great Astrolabe Barrier Reef, a rare untouched slice of nature unfolds before your eyes. No roads, no noise, no stress and no carbon footprint. Traditional thatched Fijian Bures hug the jungle fringes. Private sun decks gaze over the turquoise lagoon. Dive the reef from the multiple award winning PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, snorkel the marine reserves, explore the jungle trails, or just pamper yourself in the Spa. Relax in the splendor of your private en-suit bure as you contemplate the stunning sunset and anticipate the evening's dinner of fresh fish, fruits and organic vegetables, grown right before your very eyes and served by lantern light on the ocean deck. Far from the maddening crowd, unplug and recharge at Matava, Fiji's premier Eco-Adventure Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matava - Fiji`s Premier Eco Adventure Hotel Kadavu Island
- Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort Kadavu Island