We spent two great nights at Matava last week while kayaking with Tamarillo. The resort is best suited for divers, kayakers and others keen to get out and about as there is not really a beach at the resort but there are fabulous beaches within an easy kayak or dinghy trip. What makes Matava fantastic is the communal eating/bar area and the super friendly staff who are always keen to help and more than likely to be laughing. George and Maggie were stand out performers but they were all lovely. The food was a nice Euro/Fijian fusion, the cocktails more than adequate and the kava.....We both felt our kayaking justified a massage which was excellent quality and good value.
Despite the lack of a sandy beach there are sunny decks on all the bures and a nice communal deck area by the waters edge. So to summarise a beautiful resort off the beaten track but well positioned to experience the astrolabe reef with a great atmosphere created by the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your adventure as you experience the magnificent beauty of a remote unspoiled tropical Fijian Island. Plunging volcanic rain forest slopes meet azure coral lagoons and the Great Astrolabe Barrier Reef, a rare untouched slice of nature unfolds before your eyes. No roads, no noise, no stress and no carbon footprint. Traditional thatched Fijian Bures hug the jungle fringes. Private sun decks gaze over the turquoise lagoon. Dive the reef from the multiple award winning PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, snorkel the marine reserves, explore the jungle trails, or just pamper yourself in the Spa. Relax in the splendor of your private en-suit bure as you contemplate the stunning sunset and anticipate the evening's dinner of fresh fish, fruits and organic vegetables, grown right before your very eyes and served by lantern light on the ocean deck. Far from the maddening crowd, unplug and recharge at Matava, Fiji's premier Eco-Adventure Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matava - Fiji`s Premier Eco Adventure Hotel Kadavu Island
- Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort Kadavu Island