Arrived at Kadavu airport early afternoon. Took a short 5 min. ride to the dock area. I waited for my boat ride to arrive. It was 45 mins. to the resort. I enjoyed the scenery along the way. The postcard Palm tree lined beaches. As we pulled up at Matava dock there was Magee the resort host. Was greeted with a warm smile. The people at the resort and the village are the friendliest I have ever meet. The feel at Matavamis that of family. They check in my dive gear and placed my bags in my room. Offered my a drink and briefed me on how things are done there. Meals were family style. Varied menu, seafood, poultry,,etc. On several occasions through out the week we had Sasheme from the catch of the day. First time for me, it was very good. Plent of food to eat, if you went away from the table hungry, it was your fault. The kava there was really potient. It is a Eco Resort, so you would think that met roughing it. But just the opposite. My room was decked out in hard wood flooring, beautifulfking size bed. Bathroom had lights. Plenty of hot water in the shower. Both were provided by solar power. The deck out front of my Bure gave me a breath taking view of the bay and the reef father out. What a view! Down in the main Bure where we had our meals you could charge your batteries for your cameras ans laptops if you had one. The diving there was out of this world! Boat rides were no more than 25 mins at the longest. Easy back roll off the boats. Vis was 80 to 100 plus feet on most dives. The dive guides were very attentive. They were great at finding the critters small and large. Nudi branchs to Mantas. Leaf scorpian fish, grass eels, Blue ribbon eels, clowns, sea crates( sea snakes). Fields of hard corals of all types. Soft corals of every color. The one thing that was outstanding was that on every dive no other dive boats that I could see. It was like you had the entire reef to your self. We never had more than 6 divers on any dive trip. So if you like having alot of ammenties IE: getting massages, lying by the pool. You may need to look elseware. If you want to relax in a laid back atmosphere and feel like you are visiting a family friends place, this is the operation for you. Best divie vacation I have ever had. Kudos to there entire staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your adventure as you experience the magnificent beauty of a remote unspoiled tropical Fijian Island. Plunging volcanic rain forest slopes meet azure coral lagoons and the Great Astrolabe Barrier Reef, a rare untouched slice of nature unfolds before your eyes. No roads, no noise, no stress and no carbon footprint. Traditional thatched Fijian Bures hug the jungle fringes. Private sun decks gaze over the turquoise lagoon. Dive the reef from the multiple award winning PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, snorkel the marine reserves, explore the jungle trails, or just pamper yourself in the Spa. Relax in the splendor of your private en-suit bure as you contemplate the stunning sunset and anticipate the evening's dinner of fresh fish, fruits and organic vegetables, grown right before your very eyes and served by lantern light on the ocean deck. Far from the maddening crowd, unplug and recharge at Matava, Fiji's premier Eco-Adventure Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matava - Fiji`s Premier Eco Adventure Hotel Kadavu Island
- Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort Kadavu Island