“We LOVE Leleuvia!”

Leleuvia Island Resort
Sydney, Australia
“We LOVE Leleuvia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My toddler and I recently stayed at Leleuvia, now she's named her baby after the island! We were booked in for 3 nights and extended to a blissful 2 weeks as everything was so effortlessly beautiful and relaxing. Every single staff member was genuinely warm and went out of their way to ensure we had a great time. We will be going back ASAP!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Leleuvia resort is placed in this tiny island between Viti Levu and Ovelau, and I am quite sure it came from some dream. The beaches are for another world, so beautiful and crystal clear water. A big plus is that the corals are alive right by the shore - very uncommon nowadays in Fiji.

Snorkeling here is amazing, I spent total of 10 hours snorkeling over the weekend. Saw some pretty rare and interestic sea life.

The bures are clean and honeymoon-ish. Food is very good here and it is included into the package, so no need to but more food.

Staff is unusually professional and very responsible, friendly and timely. Value for the resort is more than reasonable.

Overall, I had a perfect holiday at this island resort.

• Stayed June 2013
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

What a fantastic 3 nights we spent at Leleuvia. We could participate in beach activities if we chose, or relax in a hammock reading a book! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The food delicious. The snorkelling right off the beach is incredible. My kids (3 and 7) are already asking "when can we go back"! Thanks for a wonderful trip we will never forget.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I went to Leleuvia twice, first for 2 nights and after for 4 nights. I wish I could have stayed longer. I really enjoyed my time there. The staff was really friendly and knew my name the first night. I actually miss them. We had kava a couple of times and the food is absolutely delicious. The snorkeling was amazing. I didn't both snorkeling next to the shore and the snorkeling trip with a boat. I had the chance to see a shark! There is no hot water in the shower, but that wasn't a problem for me. I slept into the dorm and I had the chance to get it all for myself on my two last nights. Thank you to every member of the staff for making my stay so unforgettable. I really fell in love with Leleuvia! :)

Veronika

Room Tip: Dorm is cheaper than bures and really nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

A very friendly resort. If you are looking for luxury and a poolside bar, this isnt the place; but if you are after a good family spot its on the money. Accomodation in the beach bures is a traditionally crafted bure. It is the room only - no amenities and shutters as windows. They are close to the beach and you can be lulled to sleep y the sound of waves on the shore just outside your door. Toilets and showers are in the communial facility and are clean - the showers are sun warmed water only - and are separate outdoor style. If you are into being at a small laid back resort, no TV but the stars in the night sky and the local band singing this is a great place. Very friendly staff who remember your name and are pleased to have you there. The water sports equipment was in very food condition. Snorkeling around the island is good - there is a lot of regenerating coral holding small fish plus snorkeling trips furher afield can be arranged. Dont too many people go though 'cos that might spoil it for the rest of us!

Room Tip: Beach front family bures - double bed, single bed & bunks. Other accomodation is pretty basic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed on Leleuvia Island for 3 nights. We took our neighbours from New Zealand with us. My 16 year old son said it was a better holiday than Disneyland. We all cant wait to go back. The family bure was so comfortable, we all slept like babies with the cool sea breeze. The food was out of this world (ask Colin to get the chef to do the boiled buns!!), my 12 year old caught a huge GT (almost bigger than him). I finally got to read a book from cover to cover! It is a great place for families with kids of all ages and Colin and all the staff make it that extra special. Thanks again Leleuvia and we will see you again very soon.

Room Tip: We had a bure which they set up to sleep 5. Was still very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Leleuvia never fails. It's close to Suva (40 mins road + 30 mins boat) but worlds apart. Everything about the island inspires tranquility and peace. The beaches are beautiful, there's a real sense of community and the water activities are nice. Along with the classic diving and snorkelling, they offer jet-skis and stand-up paddling.

The Bures are basic, but exactly what one would need in a place like this. They are made from local wood and palm leaves, contain a double and a single beds, 2 plugs and nothing else. One sleeps and wakes up nicely with the sound of the waves.

For now, toilet and shower facilities are all shared. They are, however, constantly clean and well maintained. But there's no hot water. I'm saving my fifth star for when the en-suite bathrooms and hot water become available, but otherwise highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Laucala Island
Wayalailai Ecohaven Resort
Wayalailai Ecohaven Resort
#2 of 2 in Waya Lailai

Been to Leleuvia Island Resort? Share your experiences!