The resort gets generally good reviews so I wont go over all the good things said about it but will highlight two pluses:
1) Great escape: Most expats head west to Pac Harbour or the Korolevu coast for a weekend break but Leleuvia is far nicer. The western beach is great and more or less swimmable at all tides. It only takes 40 minutes to get from Suva to Bau Landing where you catch the boat to Leleuvia (another 40 minutes) and once there you have already entered a different world from that of Suva. You are also more likely to be out of range of Suva-weather than if you head west anywhere closer than Sigatoka (2 hours away).
1) Service: Despite the natural friendliness and warmth of Fijians, service is usually inefficient, poorly organised and slow in Fiji, partly because many establishments are under-staffed. The service in Leleuvia is a big exception.
Of course, Leleuvia lacks many of the creature comforts of Coral Coast resorts but its beautiful east-facing location means that AC and fans are usually not needed and there are no mosquitoes on the island so you can sleep comfortably with windows open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leleuvia Island Resort is situated in the Lomaiviti Group of islands, between the historic chiefly island of Bau and Levuka the first capital of Fiji, 90 minutes travel from Suva and away from the more frequented tourism trails. This resort is a relaxing 35 minute cruise, and a world away from the hustle of the mainland of Viti Levu, and the rest of the world. The island itself is incredibly beautiful and sits atop a marine reserve and boasts some of the best snorkeling in Fiji right off the beach. Romantic and completely refreshing, Leleuvia offers you the chance to experience your very own private island and Fijian cultural experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Leleuvia Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leleuvia Island Hotel Leleuvia Island