“Absolutely stunning”

Leleuvia Island Resort
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband, 2 young kids and I stayed on Leleuvia for 8 days. We had such an amazing time. The staff are amazing and couldn't do enough for us, especially the kids. The food was good and plentiful. The bure was basic, but roomy and clean. The washing facilities were also basic, but you don't come to an island like this for those kind of luxuries. It is all about the beach, the snorkelling, the watersports, the seclusion and the views. There is a playground but kids spent maybe 20 minutes in it - the island was their playground, the hermit crabs, the coconuts etc. We are already planning our return trip. Thanks everyone for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We were beachfront, but others only 5m behind, so no real difference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Leleuvia Island Resort

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We absolutely loved our 5 nights at Leleuvia Island Resort. We stayed at 4 different places in Fiji and it was the highlight of our trip by far. The island itself is beautiful. Crystal clear water, palm trees, excellent snorkelling ,walks, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding. It is not a commercial touritsty type of fake resort but more a natural and traditional way of living sustainably in a magnificent location. Restaurant was just beautiful. Meals were very tasty and we looked forward to the bar man blowing the large shell to signal meal times each day. The staff were unbelievable. They were so friendly and genuine. We felt like we were part of their family. Toilets and showers always clean. Bures were right at the water's edge. Absolute paradise. We were very sad to leave and will certainly be back sometime in the future.
A very sincere thank you to all the staff at Leleuvia Island.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at this resort In the end of May. It was post card beautiful. very clean, nice communal restroom and most of the staff were great. The water is bright blue and there is lots of sand to relax on. The Wifi at the bar was good, and the bar itself was good too. The food was decent, somewhat repetitive but still good quality. I had some trouble with food as I can't eat certain meats and when they served that meat, the only other option they had were fries... which one wouldn't always want to eat, but not a big deal. The private bures were amazing. Myself and 3 friends shared a room and it was so comfy and roomy, it was perfect. The water was perfect temperature and amazing to swim in. Families with children would LOVE this resort, as well as backpackers or people needing a little getaway.

THE ONLY THING! The only bartender they had was very slow, could barely understand me and messed up my orders quite a bit. Random people put drinks on my tab and I had a bill at the end that was nowhere near where it should have been. They should be more careful when asking room numbers and getting signatures as I did not have this problem at other resorts I stayed at in fiji. Luckily, they took the charges off as they were not mine but I did have to talk to multiple staff to get them taken off.

even with that, I still give this resort 5 stars!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank reder4
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the most beautiful place I have ever been. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The communal showers and bathroom are very clean and very nice! The private rooms are gorgeous with high ceilings, an amazing fan and RIGHT on the water. You can hear the waves, its so beautiful. It's very well priced here for what you get. The food was the same for everyone, except we had lovo one night which was really good and you could choose your own food. Maybe have more then one option for lunch/dinner meals because a few of us dont like fish and had a hard time with that on our first night as we were having fish.

The beach is the most beautiful warm water I have ever been in my life. All the snorkelling and kayaking is free, and amazing. DO IT! The water is so clear. You can paddle around the island and see the most beautiful sights. I cannot stop talking about how beautiful this island is. Wifi is free, and only available in the bar during bar hours, but it never was disconnected randomly, it was very good signal.

The staff felt very awkward at times though. The bartender I feel did not understand what I was asking most of the time, and drinks took a time to be made. It's not that big of a deal though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The best place ever. If you dream of a trip to an island well this is it. The palms moving in the wind , the water is so crystal clear and the sea life is awesome. We saw heaps of different types of fish while snorkelling and the sunsets are AWESOME.
It is such a relaxing time on Leleuvia . There are activities you can do ie SUP boards , snorkelling , kayaking and other island day trips.
The Bure's are so cute and they are close to the waters edge, it's everything I thought it would be. I celebrated my birthday while I was there so it was the best birthday ever as I got a cake and there was kava singing and dancing.
The staff were friendly and the meals were great, didn't have to think much at all just what activity to do next. I will go back, loved it.

Room Tip: We had no. 9 and it was fine. There is always a sea breeze where the Bure's are so don't nee...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Leleuvia Island Resort, like your own Robinson Crusoe experience. Your very own island escape is a 40 minute boat ride from Bau Landing in Nausori Town (30 minutes from Suva close to the airport). Go to Leleuvia for a day or stay for a while, no matter what you do you will love the white sand, turquoise water, and the chance to join a conservation effort while you laze around.
A day trip to the Island includes a return trip on a comfortable speed boat , lunch and use of all water equipment & a bure for the day for around $84 FJ. This friendly island retreat is tiny with a well established restaurant and bar. Think very simple food . If you stay you can choose from a traditional bure on the beach with thatched roof, very basic and simple ($160FJ with breakfast) or backpackers accommodation with breakfast ( $35Fj). There are also meal packages .Here there are no ensuites and no mod cons, it's a tropical basic experience in a cute little cabin with a balcony and a beach.. The bathroom is in a building in the middle of the clearing. It is well kept and clean.
The beauty here though is the white sand beach and the incredible snorkeling. I have never seen so many fish so close to the shore. if you get sick of lazing and eating, drinking walking and swimming you can volunteer to rebuild the reef by planting seaweed or helping with Turtle conservation. Volunteers are welcome in the effort to encourage rebuilding the native Turtle population
This is the place for you if you don't like large impersonal resorts. if you want to get involved in conservation, if you like to get to know other travellers or local people. It brings back memories of Thailand 25 years ago. A very different side to Fiji

Room Tip: Get a bure on the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stumbled across Leleuvia whilst staying on Caiqalai Island. Our only regret was we hadn't found out about here sooner.

There were three of us and we stayed in there dorm room which is basic, but it has everything you need, ie a bed. The bathroom is just a short walk away and are lovely, basic but clean and the novelty of the shower shells still makes me smile.

The meals were delicious and the Lovo on the saturday night was one of the best meals I've had since leaving the UK in January. The staff were all fantastic, helpful and there to assist with anything. When we visited it was very quiet, in fact at one point there was only myself and my friend, a couple and a volunteer worker. I was leaving my friend behind as I had a plane to catch and I had no qualms about her being on her own. Turns out she spent a further two weeks there and even had a cake baked for her on her birthday!

Whilst it's not the cheapest place for a backpacker I was immensely impressed by all the extras that were included in the price of the dorm room (I paid $35 FJD a night). This included breakfast, use of snorkelling gear, SUPs (paddle boards), kayaking, volleyball, dragon boat type thing, coral farming, the list goes on. Everywhere else I've stayed you'd have to hire snorkels and find or kayaks etc. Bargain.

The island itself is well maintained, clean and the perfect place to sit back and relax...or get in the water and see some beautiful corals (and fish).

Highly recommended and the next time I visit Fiji it'll definitely be a port of call.

Many thanks to all the staff

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nell_Cap
Colin P, Manager at Leleuvia Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Bula and vinaka for your kind review of Leleuvia. It is very pleasing to hear you enjoyed our food and our Saturday night traditional "lovo" which will be music to the ears of our hard working kitchen staff. Also glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful coral and fish around the island.
Vinaka vaka levu

#1 of 1 in Toberua Island
Namosi Eco Retreat
Namosi Eco Retreat
#1 of 1 in Navunikabi

Been to Leleuvia Island Resort? Share your experiences!