“definitely a party island”

Beachcomber Island Resort
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Who wouldn't like to stay on a small island where it only takes 20mins to walk around the whole island?! We just stayed in a Lodge room, it was a bit tiny... but you are really just sleeping there. The shower pressure comes and goes depending on who else is using it. (they get their water supply from the main island so it is scarce) - the bar is opened pretty late and mostly backpackers stay here. The sunset in the evening is beautiful!
Food is served communally in a buffet style.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband to be and I went on a day cruise to beachcomber.The island is pretty but the cleanlines &hygiene of food prep n servin got us worried.The staff were cooking without proper attire.there was a girl who i assume was the manager's child was servin and eating at the same time.Anthr sad part ws wen we went to "Turtle feed" but it was just turtle watchin and the guide dsnt even know the day of fiji's independce..The wrst one is tht u have to buy your own umbrella and beach lounge for $30..Unbelivble

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Myself and 5 other mates decided on Beachcomber to celebrate and bring in the New Year and also my birthday and we weren't disappointed with the party we received. Almost everyone was drinking and having a good time and we met some really lovely people there.
However after New Years was over, the next 2 nights most people started leaving so the partying quieted down but we still made the most of it.

We stayed 1 night in the dorm and then upgraded into a Bure for 2 nights. Ours didn't have any hot water which isn't really needed anyway. Don't go to the island expecting what you'd find in Denarau cause you'll obviously be very disappointed. It was good to just have your own room for a couple of nights over the Dorm.

The food is fairly horrible. Every person in our group and most people we talked to got fairly sick off the food, I had stomach cramps for most of the days I was there, still didn't stop the partying though!

The staff are generally quite friendly and talk to you, some however need to improve on there social skills. There are activities to do on the island, free snorkelling too which is a bonus if you don't bring over your own gear.

If the place severely improved their food it would actually be a very nice place to stay cause that's really only the major downside and it's a big one too.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This really is the best place to party in what is a Pacific Paradise! The type of place you used to only see on postcards, white sands, turquoise seas, blue sky, cut off from the rest of the world and your daily routine.

I spent 5 nights here after Xmas leading up in to the New Year and it was the most amazing experience. Looking back now that I'm back to reality it almost feels surreal and a bit of a dream.

I traveled alone but met some great friends along the way whilst staying here, I can't recommend it enough. You feel part of a little island community and everyone gets on so well.

The staff were all amazing and really make you feel welcome and make the island feel like home.

A must do is the SeaSpray trip where you get taken out for the day on a boat and visit a local village, meet the chief and the locals, drink some Kava and visit Castaway Island where the film was set. Also the price includes unlimited alcohol and a BBQ lunch which was the best meal I had in my 2 weeks in Fiji!

I'd thoroughly recommend this, I'm heading back for some more fun again in a couple of months!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for New Years after visiting Treasure Island Resort, at first I thought two nights was enough but I was dead wrong. We extended our stay for another two nights due to the many activities and events happening in the day and night. Did I also mention that you get to snorkel for FREE compared to other resorts where you must pay to hire the equipment.

Staff service was just first class, helped us with rooms, laundry and luggage; all with a smile! You will not be disappointed if you choose to ring in the new year at Beachcomber!

1  Thank RichieLo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My friend and I stayed here in the dorm for 1 night which just happened to be NYE. The island is quite nice, nice beach area. We stayed in the dorm and it was ok for one night but not much longer than that! The mozzie nets for the dorms are hilarious! Take insect spray! I also didn't have my luggage off loaded from the main ferry after showing the staff which case was mine so that put a bit of a dampner on my night as I couldn't change for NYE however I borrowed some of my friends stuff and had a good night! I did get my case the next morning! The food at beachcomber is vile! Buy something off the boat like a sandwich or something as it's just not nice at all. I would recommend beachcomber as it is the party island and were all the young people are, if you are looking for somewhere to relax and nice accomodation then beachcomber island isn't for you.

Room Tip: If you want to party go here!
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have been to Beachcomber three times over the years. I really love it, great for party, relaxing, and the simple life. I also think it is a great way to know the locals as the workers are very friendly. The Premium Bure's are worth the extra money. You literally feel like you are stranded on a desert island in some of them, they are wonderful. Food is good, not amazing, but enough to get you by and lets be honest you come here to party and relax. I would not recommend this island for families or couples. I can completely understand why some people would hate this place. Firstly, there is no pool, so that could be bothersome to some but the ocean is right there and it is beautiful. Secondly, it is ridiculously expensive for what it is, this is essentially a backpacker island and the prices are crazy expensive. Sometimes the showers don't have hot water, the fly screens are ripped, the roofs of some of the bures leak, there is no tvs in the rooms, no air conditioning and I am quite sure that the food standards would not pass a check in Australia, but it is what it is and you don't come here expecting 5 star service. A place like this changes you, it makes you feel like the world is so far away and there is nothing but relaxing and good times. The staff are so lovely, I was there one year for Christmas and as a surprise the cleaning ladies hung fairy lights in our room. I went to the mainland for the day and the guys who collected us from the boat drove us around to the side where our room is. Another time one of the workers spear caught a lobster and cooked it for us. They are literally so nice and would do anything for you. And there is nothing better than feet in the sand, drink in your hand, dancing. So give this place a go if you are between 18-25, single and don't mind the simple life. You will love it. I'm a bit old for it now, but still have fond memories.

Room Tip: Premium bure is worth the extra money. They are cooler as they are right on the beach, and you are s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
11 mi away
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Beachcomber Island Resort? Share your experiences!