This is our 2nd trip to Malolo. We stayed last year, and liked it so much that we returned again this year. Last year, we stayed in a Deluxe Ocen View bure, which was great, as it had a seperate bedroom, giving us some space away from the kids. This year, we chose to stay in a standard beach front bure, as our daughter was just toilet trained and we knew that we would have to be leaving the door open to our bedroom anyway, so we thought we were better off just saving the money. It was a good choice, as the bure was still spacious, and we still all had our own space. On top of all that, the accommodation itself is beautiful, really tastefully furnished, with enormous verandahs with great lighting, and comfy chairs - great for sitting around in whilst the kids have their daytime naps...whilst we enjoyed bottles of wine and our books / playing cards. So relaxing.
Tia's Treehouse, as the kids club is called, has just been renovated. It is totally awesome. Last year it was good...this year it was fantastic! The staff were amazing, and looked after our 2 kids really well (4 year old boy and 3 year old girl). We had a nanny to accompany our daughter to the kids club, and she was happy to join in the games and activities. The kids club runs from 9am - 9pm, with many different activities thoughout the day to keep them entertained. Some days, our son wanted to go all day! It was hard to get him out of there... our saughter usually went for about 4 hours a day, and seemed extremely happyy with it and never wanted to come home. They even had some off island adventures for the kids, such as a trip to Treasure Island to see the turtles, a trip to the local village to see the school, and a ride on the glass bottom boat to go and see all the coral out the front of the resort. Each night the kids got to have an 'awards ceremony' where they would all be given certificates of participation for joining the activities during the day, and they would give a 'outstanding participation' award away daily, which all the children wanted to win. They absolutely loved it! And it was so cute watching them all get excited about their certificates.
The snorkelling was really good for people who just like an easy snorkel each day. When the kids went off to kids club, we would get on our snorkelling gear, and have a lazy snorkel around. We even saw an octopus, and several Rays. It was super cool.
There are 3 choices for where to eat dinner. There is an adults only restaurant, which has lovely views but is only open at night. We used this a bit, as it was a bit more 'romantic'. Then there was a buffet restaurant, which also offered a la carte, and also the beach bar - offering more casual dining. The food is generally very good for Fiji, and we had some great meals. Although, some meals could have been a bit better. We still did not mind though as generally it was great. Breakfast was a buffet, of good quality and variety, and lunch you could get from the beach bar or the terrace restaurant.
We loved Malolo. We will definitely return, and would encourage all other families with young children to choose it as your Fiji island holiday. It is safe for the children and small, all the staff know you by name, and it really does feel like a home away from home. Well done Malolo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort