Visited Malolo for a family wedding, stayed 7 days. Tropical paradise to be married and for a relaxing holiday.Stayed in Bure 16 which had a wonderful unobstructed outlook across the beautiful blue green warm ocean.
Bure's are clean and spacious with lovely linen on the beds, separate bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, air con. Veranda has plenty of seating ,loved sitting out here to see the sun rise and set,accompanied by cute gecko's scrambling for a feed. Loungers are set on the sand and hammocks are placed between the trees for relaxing on.Beach towels are provided.
Water sports are plenty with eqipment well maintained,used the kyaks. paddle boards and hobie cat sailing dinghy.Snorkel, mask and flippers are complimentary however I took my own.
Snorkling from the beach was awesome wih plenty of coral and different fish.Would recommend a snorkel trip away to Castaway wall which is for 1 hr and approx 10 min by boat.The reef here has a deep drop off with valleys with more colourful and different corals plus more fish life.
Malolo is a small resort so not a large area to explore on foot if you are active and like walking.There is a circuit walk up to Jonahs lookout and down through the mangroves back to reception which takes about 20 min. Walking along the beach just 5 minutes.
Food was delicious and well presented with a selection of 3 areas to dine from, the beach bar being the most popular as it has the best atmosphere and beside the water. The menu here dosn't change so after 7 days it could become repititious.
Each day a blackboard near the beachbar offers the days organized events that you can join if you desire.I enjoyed Bills cooking lesson on the beach ,fish cooked over an open fire, very yummy.
Staff are very friendly ,helpful and happy and some remember your name which is amazing when there are so many people staying.
The live band is awesome and adds to the paradise ambience as they play throughout lunch and dinner.
Malolo is a beautiful peaceful getaway island to unwind and enjoy watersports or read a book or two.I would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort