We arrived after a private ceremony in Australia, and could not have been made to feel more welcome for our week long stay. Everyone on staff were always very friendly, welcoming and accommodating- from the managers, the chefs, wait & bar staff, activity guides, musicians, massage therapists, workmen, gardeners and cleaners. Occupancy was low, so with a high staff to guest ratio, we felt extra special. Other guests were also friendly and enjoying their holidays, although there really weren't many others there for our stay, which gave a sense of privacy throughout. Although warned about the wet season, we had great weather for most of our trip(albeit very hot!), but it is notable that many of our preferred outdoor activities (e.g., snorkelling, fishing) were highly dependent on the sun and low wind. When the weather turned for us, it merely forced relaxation time. There were a few kids around, but mostly engaged in kids club activities, so didn't bother us at all. We stayed in a very private honeymoon bure with the water and reef as our front yard. The walk from the resort centre was worthwhile for added privacy, and also welcomed to walk off our food indulgences. Food had been one of our biggest concerns before we arrived. I am a vegetarian (almost vegan) and my husband needs a gluten free diet. To our delight, we were overwhelmed by how accommodating the chefs were for us. They quickly understood our needs and made it their job to ensure we had food to enjoy - and, boy was it good! If there was nothing to our taste on the menu, they would be happy (and proud) to present us a surprise alternative. This went very well every time.. Best gf pancakes we have ever tried!! We found our special song on malolo (thanks to the awesome musos), and have taken away so many special memories. I had a tear in my eye when we left. We will be back. Vinaka vaka levu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort