This place is a Honeymooners Haven, I can honestly say that we debated on going here for quite a while but decided to give it a try, and we were so glad we did. We would recommend though if you have a long flight to spend a night on Nadi (the main island ) to give you time to rest up.
The Helicopter ride over to likuliku was so stunning I would recommend it to everyone as the way to get exicted for arrival. The second my husband and I seen the Island we couldn't wait to land, when we did we were greeted with a necklace lei, cool towels and the best tea that I have ever tasted.
We had to wait a couple of hours to get into our room but it was well worth the wait, we stayed in an Overwater Bure and though it was quite a walk from the main area I would of walked it a million times over to stay there again (though we didn't have to because we had a golf cart escort.) The room was way beyond our expectations the view was amazing, and the room had more than enough space. Being able to snorkel right off of the balcony was the greatest part and even in low tide (which was the most part of the day) it never kept us from being able to snorkel, though we were Bure # 2 which in our opinion was the best. I can say though after seeing the beach at low tide that I would have been very disappointed if we would have stayed in a becah front bure because your view is nothing but mud.
The food could have been better in our opinion but we are not the biggest sea food fans. We would highly recommend bring snacks even though a lot of people enjoyed in food it is nice in between meals to have a snack and your choices on the island on limited. Even though everyday we did get fresh delicious cookies delivered to our room and a small snack.
The spa in my opinion was wonderful we got a one-hour couples massage and it was very relaxing .
We would recommend the Village Tour that they offer, it was a wonderful was to better understand the culture, and an even better way to get your shopping done since the gift shop is very expensive and you can not get all of the traditional fijian gifts that you can in the Villages. Though I warn you to prepare yourself for the Kava Ceremony it has a very different taste and it will make you mouth go numb, but we were thrilled that we got to be part of such a strong Tradition.
We were so sad when we had to leave the island we really did feel like family in just the few short amount of days that we had on the island. In review I can say Likuliku is the best place to stay in Fiji the people are amazing and the service is wonderful. Even though the prices are a little high, and it is a 14 Hour flight fr us we would be thrilled to go back for our 5 yr anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island