“Love it!”

Likuliku Lagoon Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Malolo Island
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our second visit to Likuliku and didn't think that it would be as good second time around but can honestly say it was even better. The staff here are their greatest asset, all were so welcoming and friendly. There were faces from our previous visit 2 years prior and they remembered us - amazing! This is a real place to just relax and enjoy the slow side of life, excellent food, beautiful rooms and beautiful surroundings. We took the helicopter over so you're there in 15 minutes and the sea plane back which landed right back at the airport. Since our previous visit they had a cyclone come through, you would not know it at the resort itself it is immaculate but the coral reef at the beach in front of the resort was badly damaged and is not great for snorkeling, but there were lots of fish so at least there still was something to look at. We took the snorkel trip over to Honeymoon island and that was amazing, the colors of the coral were incredible, if you're into snorkeling I would definitely recommend this trip.
We were at Likuliku at Easter so it was a lot busier than our previous time but you really only saw lots of people at dinner time.
Loved the day bed outside the front of the bure a great place to relax and read or have another snooze.
To all the lovely staff thanks for making this another fantastic holiday and we will see you soon, we are definitely going back!

Room Tip: For our first trip we stayed in the beach bure with the plunge pool but only used it once (it was a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kiwi061

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the second that you arrive at this Island paradise you realize that everthing is going to be great. The staff greets you with a welcome drink and nice cool wet towel, which after a boat ride from the mainland is very welcome. Immediately all the staff know your name. It's as if you were the one wearing the name tag. Dining was a unique experience. The food was all prepared locally, and very fresh. Buffet's were only for breakfast. The rest were full course meals and tasted great. There is private dining on the beach for couples or larger tables for groups of 4 to 6. I went with a larger group of 12 and we had our own dining hall for dinner. We took full advantage of the free hobie cats, kayaks and paddle boards. Once again, the staff is very helpful in making sure you know how to use these and launching them in the water. You can also snorkel right from the beach and see sting rays, star fish and back tip sharks... don't worry, the sharks are harmless. Only about 4 to 5 feet. Make sure you take a boat tour, or take the kayak to one of the nearby Islands. The beach is small compared to a Florida beach, but plenty large enough for laying out. There is also a hiking trail that you can take to get a birds eye view of the island. I can't say enough about the friendly staff. They can hook you up with other activities including diving, sunset cruises, fishing or Island hopping. The rooms are extremely clean. Loved the outdoor shower... very liberating. Don't worry, there is an indoor shower too:-) You do pay for beverages, so a tip is to buy a bottle of your favorite at the airport and just pay for mixers at the resort. This is definitely a place that I would go back to.

Room Tip: While the bungalos over the water are extremely nice looking, they are far from the dining area. So...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

there is not one thing i can say bad about these make tis place right from the furniture to the staff all of these make you feel welcome the location in itself is awesome with loads of corals around....delicious food service great smiling Faces All around the Resort....

Room Tip: The Beach Bures....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LloydSavio
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Magical location, well appointed rooms, excellent food, outstanding staff.....what more could you ask for.

You are greeted to a great friendly and welcoming reception when you arrive and that friendly theme is carried on throughout your stay.

We absolutely loved our 7 days in this paradise.The staff are genuinely friendly whilst being extremely professional. Within an hour of you arriving the front line staff know your name.
Our bure was awesome, loved the fact that you could have a snorkel in front of the bure and then jump into your plunge pool. And the daybed/cabana was just the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine and read your book. Used nothing but the outside shower for our whole stay.

The food was outstanding, every meal was a delight. Real fine dining. My partner is celiac and needs to be gluten free. The staff bent over backwards to ensure that she was catered for and ensured that there was a gluten free option for virtually every meal on offer. No request was too hard....I even noticed that on one occasion the table next to us ordered every course on the main menu....4 main meals each and nobody batted an eyelid.
The Management drinks and bbq on a Friday night is a must. Great way to meet the guests and what a spread!

We are active people and have found quite a number of island resorts in Fiji only have a short stretch of beach for walking, not here. Around the corner you have about 3kms of beach and then there are the walking/hiking tracks around the island. Great views and you can easily have a good solid hour an a half of exercise before breakfast. There is also a well appointed gym but why would you want to run on a treadmill when you can do it in a paradise setting outside. I know this may not be important to many but for us this was a big plus.

The snorkelling straight off the the boat jetty is great, but I strongly suggest a trip out to Honeymoon Island...that was amazing!! Loved it.
We enjoyed some great standup paddle boarding as well as kayaking around Castaway Island which is about a 20 minute paddle away plus another 45 minutes around.

A big Vanaka to all the staff that made our stay memorable. Aurellie, Meri, Tila and EVERY one of the restaurant staff ( I wish I could remember all the names) were outstanding and went out of their way to please,
Lati ensured our room was perfect as well as being a delight to talk to. All the staff were great and made an effort to interact without being pushy, the bar staff to the groundsmen. The visit to the herb garden was a delight.
Sake was a pleasure to deal with. In fact at every meal, Management made an effort to work the tables and interact with all the guests.

We didn't use the spa but the feedback from other guests was that it was excellent.

Leaving is really sad and you will be hard pressed not to shed a tear when half the staff sing to you.
We were made to feel special throughout our stay and will certainly be back. This has to be one of the finest, if not the finest resorts in Fiji.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Even though Likuliku is renowned for it's over water bures, I would again choose to have a Beach...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wayne B
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Wow what a resort!! Didn't have the funds to stay here for long, but the few days we were here was nothing short of amazing! The place is spectacular! We were on an ocean water bure which was the ultimate place to relax whilst being treated like royals. Cleaned twice a day, and was spotless all the time. Me and my partner couldn't and still can't believe how amazing it really is. Jumping off our bure straight into snorkelling water sets the tone for the morning, fancy that? oh than head off for a beautiful massage whilst being greeted with your name. Staff are at a new level, and i believe they really should be rewarded with a generous wage, because I've never felt so special in my life. Lucky for us, we didn't think food was complemented with your stay, and we were skeptical at the start... only to find the food is fine dining with great choice - once again 10/10. The only negative i can say about liku liku is leaving, who in their right mind would want to escape serenity that is an amazing experience, and hopefully not a once in a lifetime.

All i can say is wow :)
not to mention the cute French Lady who managed the restaurant ;)

Room Tip: I did stay on an Ocean Water bure (luxury) but i wouldn't be worried about staying in the deluxe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jayden C
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This has to be the most luxurious place i've ever been to. The moment the speed boat neared the resort, I knew I was in for something special. After being warmly greeted at the entrance, I was driven to my bure on a Golf Cart by the manager. It took me a while to really settle into my bure after I had finished admiring what I was seeing. The bure was spectacular, exquisitely designed and just perfect for my taste. The food at the resort was mind blowing, probably the best i've ever had. As I was travelling solo, the manager (Jim) also offered to join me for dinner on the 2nd night, and it was great chatting with him over the sumptuous spread.
I had booked myself only for 2 nights, & wished I could have stayed longer. I'm not sure if i'll visit Fiji again, but if I do, I know exactly where i'd like to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Subhodip
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited for our 40th wedding anniversary and Likuliku surpassed every expectation. It is an amazing place with special people. In talking to other guests, this is by far the best place to stay in Fiji if you are looking to celebrate a special occasion or simply to relax.
We stayed ten days in a deluxe beachfront bure with plunge pool and direct access to the beach.
There are many activities available including snorkeling (which can be done right in the lagoon or off-site), diving, paddle boards, jet skiing, boat trips to other islands, kayaking, hiking up to Jonas Pt. lookout, sunset cruise, Fijian Village tour, swimming & relaxing by the infinity pool.
The Friday night cocktail party with manger & Fijian Meke (traditional singing & dancing) followed by a traditional Lovo dinner and the Sunday night feast with more singing are a good way to meet staff & learn about Fiji.
The food served at Likuliku is 5 star in every way. The meals are incredible.
The staff are attentive and friendly and make a conscious effort to know your name and greet you with "Bula". We have a special place in our hearts for Lati, Sake, Rupeni, Isaia, Mere, Serai, Arielle, Rusty, and Nacanielli who all made our stay so memorable. From fresh coconuts delivered to us every afternoon, pillow behind my back at meals, anniversary message on our bed, cake and song by the staff on our anniversary, the seafood dinner, and much more, we will always remember Likuliku.
We highly recommend Likuliku to anyone considering a trip to Fiji. It may seem expensive but it is worth every penny.
Thank you everybody at Likuliku, we had a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: We chose the deluxe beachfront bure for easier access to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tokoriki Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
Malolo Island Resort
Malolo Island Resort
#2 of 3 in Malolo Island

Been to Likuliku Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!