“likuliku delivers”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Malolo Island
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“likuliku delivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

had a great stay at Likuliku resort. went there for our 25th wedding annivesary and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff made it extra special and they do go the extra mile to make it happen. Will definitely go back again

Room Tip: go and enjoy away from the norms of every day
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Satma K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our third visit to magical, mystical Likuliku. So what is the attraction to this beautiful haven, is it the first class meals created and produced by their chef Ihaka and his creative and talented team. Or the gracious hospitality of Aurélie, who with a soft French accent, explains the menu and the wines that she has carefully chosen. Perhaps, it’s the clever architecture of the resort, which emulates a traditional Fijian village and merges seamlessly into the lush tropical landscape. Maybe it’s the blending of the old and the new, where Fijian artefacts and modern technology stand together and the WIFI signal, pulses clear and strong. So what is this illusive quality, which creates this magical feeling of peace and serenity. To me, it’s the spirit of the land and its people. It pulses gently throughout the entire resort and affects all who work and visit there. The voices you hear are tinged with laughter, as the staff share a joke, the smiles you receive are genuine and warm and you feel safe, nurtured and happy. Yes this is paradise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Diotima_Aus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! It's quiet, relaxing, the food is different everyday and so fresh and yummy! There is plenty to do for free or we did scuba diving for additional $ but for free you can kayak, paddle Board, hike, sail, snorkel or just relax at the pool. I liked the beach burres better then the over water ones because they were closer to everything. Everything here is perfect and worth the splurge!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Chef V W
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have travelled and stayed at many of the Fijian island resorts over the last 30 years and finally I must say I have found an absolute gem of a resort. My stay was for our 30th Wedding anniversary, I was told by a friend that this place was one of the most romantic resorts in Fiji. Well I have to tell you I agree, from the minute you arrive you are looked after like a king and queen, first thing you will notice there are no kids on the islands only couples holding hands, laying on the beach, having a drink at the bar, and doing all the things couples do on and island paradise.
After a quick check in, we were quickly shown our room, WOW it was amazing, the resort is only a few years old so everything on the island is in good working order and terrific condition. Our room was amazing with a timber tone finish to it, there was a shower on outside and a shower inside, the outside shower was screened off from onlookers, which came off the bathroom. The bed was in the centre of the room perched higher up than the floor of the lounge area, this gave an uninterrupted view over the water. There was a balcony which came off the lounge area and a plunge pool which had picture post card views over the water.
On the far end of the island there are over water bures which looked amazing, I think they are the only over water bures in Fiji. For my liking the over water bures are a little too far from the main dining and activities area, so unless you were a keen snorkeler I would give it a miss.
Its best to book in your evening meal as you can then take a pick of the prime seating positions, with the best views. There is only one dining area on the resort, so you have no choice but to dine there. The meals are al la carte, with a small but delicious choice of meals, I must say that I did have some of the best meals I have eaten in Fiji.
If you have someone special to take with you, this is the place to go.
I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank geoff t
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have travelled to many places around the world and have enjoyed the experience these destinations have offered. I was torn between LikuLiku & Namale.. but the deciding factor was the consistent great reviews LikuLiku had.
Once we helicoptered in ( I highly recommend this via Island Hoppers) we were great by Jim who is the first face you see on the island and instantly we felt at home. Warm big greeting, that we knew immediately we were going to be taken care of.
We were greeted by a traditional song from all the staff, then were introduced to them all, they all knew our name, and welcomed us "home".
I could rave on and on , but Ill highlight a few key points.
The Over ware Bure are a little walk to the main area, but they are so worth it, the walk is nice , and if your feeling a little lazy they are always happy to pick you up on the golf carts.
The Day Spa, is out of this world, the atmosphere is exactly what it should be relaxing, comfortable. The massages and facials were the best I've ever had, and i don't say this lightly as I get massages regualry.
The food is unbelievable, its art on a plate. Everything, and I mean everything was tried, and nothing was a miss. You can eat everything on the menu , and the staff are encouraging of you to get what you want, so we did and didn't feel bad about it.
Take a trip over to Honeymoon island, not far ( can see it from LikuLiku) your own private island to lazy around have lunch and snorkel.
Brings me to my next point, Snorkeling is great, the reef isn't as colourful as Great Barrier Reef, but the sea life is. As how amazing to snorkel right of your own balcony, no needing to take a 2 hour boat ride to the spot, its right below.
This place is so amazing that I had to propose here, as me and my fiancee were at a home away from home and felt like very special.
I rate Fiji, above Thailand & Bali, only 4.5 hours from Melbourne, its clean, no one is trying to rip you off, people are genuinely friendly and their English is perfect. A true paradise so close to home.

Thank you to Jim ( he did so much and never once complained), Api, Seta, Aureliere ( wrong spelling sorry) Lusiana, Latiana, Tuila ( Resort Manager) Sam, Semali, Samu, Sake ,and I could keep going, we only stayed 3 days 2 nights but by the end of it you know all the staff!

LikuLiku, I LOVEU LOVEU
We will return, maybe for the honeymoon??
And for the uncertain traveller, once you go, you'll know you made the right decision.

Room Tip: Over Water Bures are the amazing large, and snorkel right off your balcony.. Stay in Bure 10, nothin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank VanBaker
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

An over the water bungalow in the South Pacific was at the top of my wish list. Likuliku exceeded my EVERY expectation. When we left I felt like I was leaving a much loved family behind. The resort is gorgeous, the snorkeling successful, the Hobie sailing relaxing, and the food was not only delicious but a work of art. The staff is so thoughtful and generous. If you like beautiful water views, water activities, and feeling spoiled this is the perfect place for you. It was the perfect place to spend our anniversary!!! I wish there was a higher rating than excellent - Likuliku deserves it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Mauibird
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Any place that serves mud crab omelettes and fresh coconuts for breakfast is my kind of island home. While the resort is super luxurious, its traditional architecture and friendly staff give it a homely vibe. Drop into the resorts fine dining restaurant or world-class spa and you’ll get more than just what’s on the menu. The Fijian’s are warm natured people and their positive energy really made our stay on Likuliku Lagoon Resort a memorable one. Spend a few moments chatting to your waiter or to your masseuse and discover their beautiful perspective on island life where family and community are at the core of everything.

Along with the people, there are a bunch of other special touches that make this luxury resort stand out. Every room has a jar of homemade chocolate chip cookies that gets restocked daily. These cookies are beyond delicious and incredibly addictive – I smashed four in a row and I’m not even a cookie person. So epic is the cookie, that the resort has had to put the recipe on their Facebook page. They also have their own organic hydroponics farm where they grow their own vegetables, herbs and local fruits to use in the kitchen.

We stayed in a ridiculously amazing beachfront bungalow that had uninterrupted views of the Pacific Ocean, its own plunge pool, sun-filled day bed, and secluded outdoor shower. During our stay we did bikini shoots for our website and used the resort as a base to explore the rest of the Mamanucas where went island hopping on jet skis and hit up surf spot cloudbreak at sunrise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,318 reviews
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Matamanoa Island Resort
Matamanoa Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Matamanoa Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,022 reviews

Been to Likuliku Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!