Crystal clear waters, amazing coral and fish, Fijian singing and guitars everywhere we went. Fantastic kids club, beautiful friendly staff, efficient service.Our bure was cleaned perfectly everyday and clean sheets everyday!!! A pleasant surprise after a full day spent out enjoying snorkelling or exploring surrounding islands. We took advantage of most of the paid water activities which are very reasonably priced, but my personal favourite would be the Sandbank snorkel that is the one of the cheapest activities, but you will do it more than once because it is so amazing. We did the free buffet for all meals which were absolutely delicious. Entertainment everynight kept us captivated with traditional cultural dances, singing and firedancing or in fits of laughter with canetoad races and Richie dancing... My 10 year old loved Kids club even though she was one of the oldest attending at the time and my 13 year old son, was taken under the wing of Micheal and Richie either helping out or joining the band singing so my husband and I could have some alone time after our dinner... (very thoughtful). Torch lighting every night is fantastic with everykid in the resort joining in and making friends with each other. No TV and not once did the kids ever say they were bored. We did 5 days here and spent 5 days after on the mainland on the Coral Coast and the second resort, (and the water and sand) had absolutely nothing on Plantation Island. Special thanks to (excuse spelling) Dee, Richie, Char, Wammy, Oscar, Sala, Jim, Michael, Mika, Bill and to all the staff that made our trip so memorable. We were all in tears as we left on the Malolo Cat because you made us feel like part of your family. We are already in the process of organising our holiday here next year and bringing along two families with us. Vinaka Vaka Levu !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island