This is our 2nd trip to Plantation (we also went last year). We are a family of 6 - 4 kids (9,8,2, 8 mths). This year we stayed in a Garden Terrace, i really recommend these they're really spacious, they seem pretty new, last year we stayed in a Studio Garden Bure which was also great.
Please ignore the bad reviews, sometimes i can't understand what they are talking about, were they on the same resort i was on?
The beach on Plantation is so exceptional the tv ads "lucky you lucky me" are filmed there. There is shade, hammocks and beach chairs all along the beach.
The rooms are serviced daily, fresh sheets, clean towels, floors mopped, it's lovely.
Food, I think there is something here for everyone. We had the buffet breakfast each day. We had several of the buffet dinners as well as eating at the new restaurant, Anandas and Lomani, so many choices.
We had the lunch buffet last year and we weren't fussed on it, so this year we took a toasted sandwich maker over with us and got supplies at the Anandas supermarket and the Trader at Musket Cove. But the new restaurant does lunch and it looked like there was a good variety.
Kids Club, our kids went mostly at night, there was an organised activity then a dvd. Our 2 little ones we had babysat, the cost is F$4 per child per hour, we also gave more as they money was given direct to the babysitters, these ladies work hard all day on the resort then they babysit in the evenings for a little extra, our kids loved them and it gave us the opportunity to have a couple of meals to ourselves.
I spoke with Hannah (one of the directors) while we were there, they are lots of improvements happening and they are planting new coral along the reef, can't wait to see what it looks like next year.
I really recommend Plantation, there is something for all budgets. We find the staff great. And we can't wait to return next year. Keep up the good work Plantation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island