Seriously?! Beach bure right on the beach, snorkelling on low tide right on my door step, hammocks and day beds just meters away, getting around all day in swimsuit, no shoes and no worries. Now this is what Fiji is all about!
Since everything is so easy the only thing to think about is food... Here are some tips.
Children 10-12 may not love what is on offer in the children's buffet, it is limited. It's usually ok but be prepared for some complaints. The family we went with occasionally upgraded their children's meals to adults so they'd get a decent meal. Definitely no complaints about dessert however!
If you have younger children feed them EARLY, they'll need it after their long days. They have a section of the restaurant for this... Mum & Dad can enjoy a cocktail at this time... If you time happy hour, even better!
With the kids feed and happy, time for the older bunch to be seated and the younger ones whipped off to kids club. Easy peasy.
We didn't get the lunch package as we found, last time, we didn't need it. There are cafés around so if you want a decent coffee it's there, iced slushies, milkshakes, chilled coconuts... You got it. Chips, wedges, burgers, toasted sandwiches, fruit salad... If you choose, BUT the best lunch option, by far, is to send someone you know on a fishing trip and when they get back at lunch time with a fish (of course!) get the kitchen to cook it up with some salad and sauces... Whoola!! The best lunch of your holiday! We did this twice.
There is a dirt track for runners too about 7km there and back.
This was our second visit and it won't be our last. We went this time with another family which we would do again. It's just the easiest holiday ever, not 5 star and not pretending to be but every bit of awesome family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island