This was our second time visiting Plantation island Resort- the first being on our homeymoon 8 years ago. On our first visit we thought what a fantastic place it would be for a fmaily holiday and always planned on coming back. We were not disappointed! We had initially been upset that we were unable to book a beachfromt bure (six months ahead they were all booked out) and ended up booking a garden studio at the Lomani end of the resort were the beach is better. Whilst we were placed in one of the older bures we were right on the beach and the kids could play in water at low tide whilst we watched from the 'deck'.The kids loved the coconut club activities (and of course the lovely staff there) and could choose each night what they wanted to do the following day from the activities board and mixed up visits to kids club with a trip to the shell villiage (highly recommended), handline fishing, canoeing, swimming/snorkelling and a trip in the glass bottom boat.
We had pre-booked the half board meal option and choose on a few nights to eat at the Black Coral Restuarant as a break from the buffet. We received a $45 credit per person which was enough to cover most of the mains with some left over to go towards a bottle of wine or dessert.
Being returning guests we were greated with a lovely fruit basket and bottle of bubbles and invited to the managers cocktail party for pre-dinner drinks on one night during our stay- a nice touch given the number of people who keep coming back to this island.
Looking forward to our next family holiday on plantation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island