This review is more a heads up for those who remember Pi as being run down and old feeling
BOY ARE YOU IN FOR A SHOCK.
FIrst of all there have been several new bure's built at the Lomani side of the resort. VERY nice modern and up to date.
Second-at the Ananda's end several of the 1 bedroom back to back Bure's have been gutted out and refitted to a really high standard as 2 bedroom Bure's -really nice.
Also several other roooms have been set up with joining doors so large famillies can stay together.
The Old copra hut was closed whilst we were there and has had a full rebuild of the main kitchen.-Our loss is your gain---it looks fantastic and modern.
The snack bar is back out on the beach front. -but completely upgraded.
Theres the little things too
Theres a plentifull supply of snorkle gear available.
The day trips area is new and fresh feeling.The day trips themselves are in better boats.
Ohh and the Mololo Cat 3 has been replaced with a new state of the art mololo cat 4
I have to make a real special mention of the efforts of two really great guys.-They have painstakingly been reestablishing the corals first under the wharf but also in other areas out in front of the beach area. Yep LIVE coral has returned to Plantation island after a fair few years.
This has also bought back the colorfull tropical fish we used to see 20 or more years ago. Albert -Im darn proud of you guys.
No it hasn't lost any of its charm--but the feeling it was a bit tired and worn out is VERY rapidly fading.
Frankly the place has the feeling of being uncrowded and totally relaxing.
I won't go on about the fantastic and freindly service from ALL the staff That hasn't changed one bit over the years. I alwas feel like an old freind returning to visit rather than just a number in the book.
--Heck even the Garbage man was happy to say Bula and give a freindly smile.
I know this isn't a typical review-but the improvements are so dramatic and noticeable you simply have to go back.
On a personal note-THIS trip was something special for us because we were taking my parents away with us.We had the whole pacific to choose from and Plantation was our choice.
My dad is the most cynical -critical old bugger there is and he said he loved every minute being there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island