My husband and I spent 8 nights at beautiful Plantation in April this Year. This was our 5th visit to the Island having our first visit back in 2010. This visit was for our Wedding and we couldn’t have chosen a better place to say “I do”. We had 35 guests at our Wedding, all of whom stayed at Plantation in various room types and everyone loved it! We were lucky enough to have our Wedding at the ”Wedding Hut” down the Lomani end of the beach and it was the most stunning backdrop overlooking the crystal clear water. This time we decided to stay in a beachfront bure and it was fantastic. The bathroom was huge and newly renovated, you could comfortably sleep 5 people in the room, however, there are no doors between the sleeping areas so not a lot of privacy. Yes as others have mentioned the dining options have recently changed while they renovate the main beachfront restaurant. We had a half board meal plan (along with the majority of our guests), so we chose to eat from the Buffet most nights, however we did also use our meal plans to eat at Anandas twice while we were there just for a change of scenery. We had a few picky eaters in our group including my brother who is Anaphylactic to most nuts, however we never had any trouble finding a meal that everyone liked.
They have recently put a lot of work into rebuilding the reefs around the island and already there is a big difference in the amount of fish swimming around and the amount of coral, so very good snorkelling straight off the beach! There were no children in our group (youngest 14) so I cannot comment on the kids club or activities for kids.
We never found the staff to be unhappy, they would always be laughing and joking with us and everyone in a group has formed a bond with many different members of staff. They get treated so rudely by so many guests expecting 5 star service, forgetting it’s a 3 star Resort. The staff work so incredibly hard and don’t get the thanks they deserve!
We love Plantation, and along with at least half of our Wedding Guests will be returning in the coming years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island