We stayed on the island for 5 nights and I had read the reviews and was dreading our stay thinking I had made the wrong choice. But from the time we arrived to the time we left we loved it. The staff where very welcoming and helpful and really loved the kids. Yes there was a wait on arrival but with 50 guests arriving at a time you would expect that but we all got a free bottle of water even the kids. Because our room wasn't ready on time we were given a complimentary fruit basket which was a nice gesture and good start to our holiday. We stayed in a 2 bedroom garden bure that had been renovated and it was great for our family of 5. It was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and linen available daily. The bure had a small fridge and coffee & tea facilities which is a bonus. Swimming towels are also available and you could change them every 2 days. The food is a buffet meal or 3 course meal but had a different theme every night which was good and gave it variety. Overall we enjoyed the food and there are a lot of selection with the buffet and our kids got to eat free which was a bonus. There is also a snack bar by the beach for hot chips, pizzas etc...if you don't want to eat at the restaurant. We also ate at Anandas one night it was so beautiful outside under the lights & there's a park right beside it for the kids to play. Food was average and took a while to arrive, service wasn't the best but enjoyed the experience. Kids swam all the time in the sea on the inflatable toys and loved the different pools they could swim in. Pools cater for all ages. Kayaks & snorkelling gear always available. There is staff patrolling the beach & all kids must wear a life jacket when in the sea. You can see tropical
fish under the wharf & the sand bar snorkelling trip is well worth a look. The main toilets could do with an upgrade as they are quite outdated and often had a funny smell but were cleaned several times a day. Also umbrella stands & beach lounges are worn but did the job. A suggestion would be a changing shed by the beach in future. Overall we loved it and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island