We had a great stay, out 2 year old loved it. The actual Island itself was beautiful, a bit run down but the pool & ocean swimming were awesome.
The staff we found very lazy, each meal time you had to wait for the staff to come to you & flag someone down after 20 mins. This wasn't enjoyable for kids.
The attitude of most of the staff was "couldn't be bothered". This was tiring after 6 days. We missed our helicopter ride due to this matter by staff.
The accommodation however was excellent, we had a 2BR Family bure which was faultless except no Air Conditioner (there was 1 but it had no effect)! The bure was spacious & very quiet.
Kids club ok, but very hot inside.
Food- terrible, same slop day in & out. We couldn't face another buffet after 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island