Travelled to Plantation Island in April and had fanastic tropical weather. The poolside rooms had a lot of space and were very clean. The decor was Fijian in style and perhaps a little dated but definitely fitted with the Island vibe. The room was near the largest of the three pools and a very short walk to the restaurant and the jetty, and even closer to the beach. The room was cleaned throughly daily and so the maintenance was of a high standard. The lack of a T.V. compelled you to embrace the island experience and relax.
The food at Plantation that was included with the meal vouchers was okay but not impressive. The dinner buffet generally had roast or barbequed meats and these were very enjoyable but some of the side dishes weren't that great. Dessert was a bit repetitive and the quality was poor.
The strengths of Plantation would definitely be its location and the variety of activities. Would definetely recommend the Island hopping and the daily free snorkelling was pretty good, there were lots of fish at the reef site. Each night there are different activities such as crab races and bingo.
The island is geared towards families but because it is such a large island and they are so many activities to do, if you wanted a quiet relaxing holiday then you can definitely find it at Plantation. All the staff are beyond friendly and are very helpful. We had a minor problem with the plumbing in the shower but a plumber was sent promptly and found that a crab in the pipe was the source of the problem and it was fixed quickly.
Overall Plantation is a fantastic place for a break for everyday life. It is a great place to enjoy Island life. But if your looking for great restaurant quality food this isn't the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island