My partner and I both aged 21 spent 6 nights at Plantation Island Resort. Upon arrival we were taken away by the crystal clear water! The transfers on the Malolo Cat were easy and hassle free, we didn't need to worry about our luggage as it was taken straight to our room upon arrival. We were upgraded from an upstairs hotel room to a garden bure upon arrival. The bure was huge for just two people! The air conditioner was quiet and it didn't take long to cool the bure down in the afternoons. The staff are so friendly, Bill in particular has left a lasting impression with us! It was so nice to be greeted with his friendly smile and laughter all the time! We choose not to do the meal plan instead we would split breakfasts between the snack bar and the restaurant, lunch again from the snack bar and we would alternate between a'la carte and the buffet - the fettucine and chicken is a must try!! The free snorkeling is a must do we went out twice to 2 different reefs and each time saw different types of fish. The island hopping was a great insight into other resorts however Plantation definitely came out on top!
We were also there during a "full house" however as someone else suggested it was never a problem finding your own spot on the beach or a nice hammock to curl up in for the day!
As others have suggested there is a sewage smell in the afternoons however it is not as overwhelming as some have suggested!
I cannot wait to return to Plantation Island Resort it is fantastic value for money in the perfect location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island