Two of my girlfriends and myself stayed three nights at Musket Cove, Fiji, late September 2013 as part of a girls getaway. As it was our first time in Fiji, we weren't sure what to expect. I can tell you Musket Cove is beautiful with pristine white beaches (during high tide), beautiful hibiscus flowers everywhere and a relaxed vibe. The main pool is gorgeous! A small general store has all the essentials for snacks and other assorted items.
Highlights: The main dining/drinks area near the pool is a beautiful, laid back area to spend your time - cocktails made to order, nice food and a beautiful pool. The spa is fantastic - my girlfriends and I indulged in traditional Fijian bobo massage for the equivalent of $35 australian dollars and we had our nails painted for under $10! The ladies working in the spa are lovely. The nearby Lomani resort was magical - it's adults only and we had two lovely dinners there and we're treated to a traditional Fijian dance demonstration on one of the nights. At Lomani, the staff set up a table and chairs for us directly on the beach and it was beautiful to dine by starlight with the sound of the waves lapping at the beach. The garden burre we stayed at on Musket Cove was clean and comfortable and had a fantastic view of the beach - I would recommend asking for a garden burre near the airstrip (only 1 helicopter used the airstrip the whole time we where there). If you want to snorkel off the beach, walk up to Plantation Resort - great snorkelling directly from the beach. The breakfast buffet was included in the price of the accommodation at Musket Cove and was plentiful and the omelettes made to order were delicious!
Lowlights: the lunchtime food at Musket Cove could improve - whilst there are pizzas available at the main area and pies, wraps and sausage rolls at the pink coffee shack, my girlfriends and I were hoping for seafood or a chicken salad!! Some fruit or healthy options during the day would be welcome. Whilst there were some staff that were wonderful, overall the customer service was disappointing - we found it hard to get anyone to catch our eye when we wanted to order food or a drink and we found ourselves chasing staff to take our order. We found the same type of attitude at reception and the activities hut - whilst everyone said 'bula'' when we walked in, we found that no-one was really interested in helping us and we felt we were being pains just for asking if we could buy an Internet voucher, book a cruise, order a drink or get a seat for dinner. Though once we asked for something, it was given straight away - there was none of this 'Fijian time' - everything came quickly!
Overall, MusketCove is a magical location and is perfect or couples or families. Be prepared to walk everywhere! It's a sprawling resort and we walked and walked and walked to get around the resort. If you have young children, bring prams! I also think buggy transfers between the resorts would be great as we spent a lot of time at the nearby Plantation resort for snorkelling and Lomai resort for eating. Keep in mind my girlfriends and I are fitness instructors and have a high level of fitness - daily walks to and from the other resorts may be out of the reach of some people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Musket Cove you'll find the pace of life smooth and unhurried. The resort consists of 55 bures and villas scattered along the beachfront and throughout our tropical landscaped gardens. All rooms are spacious with separate living rooms and quality inclusions. What sets Musket apart is space, with 400 acres of rolling hills and palm fringed beaches to explore there is never a sense of crowding. Muskets world class marina offers a vast selection of water-sports and activities. Or for those wanting to relax, our dedicated Makare Day Spa is a true haven of tranquillity. Musket offers several gourmet-dining options headed by renowned chef Peter Becker and over 150 warm and friendly Fijian staff ready to welcome you to our island home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Musket Cove Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Musket Cove Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Hotel Musket Cove Island
- Musket Cove Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island