This was our first time taking our 10 month old daughter overseas and I am so glad I picked Musket Cove. From the moment we stepped off the boat everyone was so helpful and friendly.
Musket Cove is in a beautiful spot. Ive seen others complain about the low tide but it really is not that bad. If we wanted to go snorkelling or swimming at low tide we just went around to plantation.
We stayed 6 nights in garden bure 65. Nice room with everything we needed. It had king size bed, 2 singles and they provided a cot. There is a dividing door between the king bed and the singles. The air conditioning worked well which was also good because it was quite hot.
We ate all our meals at Dicks Place. There is good variety on the menu as well as different theme nights. The food was great, no complaints at all. The staff in the restaurant are lovely. If Amelia was whinging, one of them would take her for a walk in her pram or pick her up. Everyone knew Amelia, even the other guests.
We liked the fact that this place is much quieter than the big family resorts. Much more personalised. The staff knew who you were and took the time out to stop for a chat. It was also nice to chat to the other guests.
It would be nice if they allowed children in the beachfront bures because Amelia would have her 3 hour naps and we'd sit outside on the patio. There is a bit of a view but it's not as good as being right on the beach.
Overall we had a great holiday and I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Musket Cove you'll find the pace of life smooth and unhurried. The resort consists of 55 bures and villas scattered along the beachfront and throughout our tropical landscaped gardens. All rooms are spacious with separate living rooms and quality inclusions. What sets Musket apart is space, with 400 acres of rolling hills and palm fringed beaches to explore there is never a sense of crowding. Muskets world class marina offers a vast selection of water-sports and activities. Or for those wanting to relax, our dedicated Makare Day Spa is a true haven of tranquillity. Musket offers several gourmet-dining options headed by renowned chef Peter Becker and over 150 warm and friendly Fijian staff ready to welcome you to our island home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Musket Cove Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Musket Cove Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Hotel Musket Cove Island
- Musket Cove Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island