I stayed here with my husband for five nights for our wedding anniversary. We took the Malolo Cat boat transfer which took about 45 minutes from Port Denarau. Upon arrival, someone picks you up at the wharf and takes you to the resort in a little cart/buggy. We were greeted with a song and coconut drinks!
The resort it absolutely stunning. From the reception area you can see the beautiful calm blue waters and it's tucked away from the heavier winds you can get at the other side of the island. The bar and Flame Tree restaurant is attached to the reception area. There is a large grass area with hammocks and a large pool area (which is always quiet because there are no kids around!).An activity board is by the beach and lines out the weekly activities - all which are included in your room rate!
The deluxe rooms and hibiscus suites are located to the right of the reception and the pool area and beachfront bures are to the left (down a small path).
We stayed in the beachfront bure for 4 nights then was asked to move to a hibiscus suite on our last night as they had overbooked the bures. We liked the bure much better and believe it's the way to go with this resort if you have the budget to do so.
The beachfront bures are so gorgeous and perfect for a romantic vacation. They are free standing with their own outdoor shower, porch + lawn-chairs, and grassy lawn with beachfront access.
The king bed and pillows were very comfortable. An air con unit is above the bed however we rarely needed to use it as the temperature was cooler in the evenings. Each room is given complimentary bottled water on a daily basis so no need to bring any with you from the mainland. Housekeeping is done on request and were very friendly whenever we saw them around the resort. Lots of amenities were provided in the bathroom. A DVD player is provided and you can rent DVDs from reception.
We didn't find mosquitoes to be an issue. The flys, however, were a big issue, especially around the restaurant and food. I'm not sure if they have always had a fly issue, but it is pretty bad. I overheard it was because of the recent floods - not sure if this is correct or not.
All meals are offered at the restaurant. A full breakfast is included with the bookings and there is quite a variety (can be done as room service as well). Continental breakfast is layed out with pastries, cereal, juices, toast, yoghurt, and fruit. You can also order a full cooked breakfast from the menu (eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes, omelettes, etc). Lunch had a basic menu but is a bit pricey. We also found dinner to be a bit expensive as well and there wasn't a wide variety of food options (especially for desserts). The service was always excellent, prompt, and the food was hot and tasty. If you don't mind going for a walk and leaving the sanctuary of the adults, you can go to Plantation Island Resort and eat at Anandas which had an large menu and good food (also less expensive).
The spa ladies were so friendly and the massages were excellent. You can chose to have a massage by the beach or in their regular spa room in the building next to reception. The massages they offered were also very inexpensive and quite a good deal!
The only downside with our stay is that when we checked in we were told there was going to be construction by our bure. They are building new beachfront bures - which wasn't advertised on their website and we weren't notified prior to our arrival. Hammering and powertools could be heard daily from around 830am-6pm. Bures 19 - 23 would be most affected. I'm not sure when this will be completed? Even with the bit of noise, we didn't let it effect our vacation - the resort is still beautiful and the service was top notch. We would love to come back and will recommend it to all our friends travelling to Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island