I returned from Lomani last week, my boyfriend and I stayed for 8 nights and had an absolutely wonderful holiday. We can't speak highly enough of all the staff, they are friendly, accommodating and you can share jokes with them too. We loved being serenaded by the boys in the flame tree restaurant every night, you guys are awesome!
We stayed in deluxe suite number 1 as we were trying to cut down costs, and it was absolutely wonderful. Clean, spacious, four poster bed, stunning view, air con... Nothing to complain about! I am sure the bures are lovely if you can afford the extra cost but we were not at all disappointed.
We made the most of the activities and went snorkelling almost every day which was fab. Peceli took us to different spots so we really felt we had seen the surrounding islands too and weren't just stuck in one place. Fish feeding is a must! Got lucky and saw a huge pod if dolphins too. Unfortunately didn't catch anything hand line fishing but it was a sociable and fun way to spend the afternoon. The wind was low until our last day when managed to take out the hobie cat and windsurfers which was great fun. Bear in mind if you are really into water sports the equipment is fairly old and is really for messing around in than serious sailing, did the job though! Same goes for the bikes which were fun to ride around the island to get to the view points but have one gear only and don't have proper brakes! We walked around the island one day which takes about 3 hours and it was absolutely stunning. I would recommend it to anyone who goes. Take hats, sunscreen and plenty of water though. We saw about 3 local people on our way round between the resorts, other than that completely deserted beaches for us to enjoy.
The pool was unfortunately out of order during our stay due to urgent maintenance work needed. It was a shame not to have the facility but the sea is just beautiful and the staff went out of their way and beyond to make up for it. They gave each couple a bottle of bubbly and put on extra complimentary boat trips every day whilst it was shut including a sunset cruise which was gorgeous. This is the sort of 5 star customer service that we experienced during our entire time at lomani.
Food and drink wise we got the kana Levu meal deal which was exceptional value for us as we were staying for 8 nights. I would certainly recommend it if you are watching your costs. The food isn't 5 star but yummy all the same with daily specials to try. I was impressed with the quality of their steak.
I can't say enough good things about this place. When I read the reviews saying people cried when they left I thought they had to be joking... Until I sobbed throughout the singing of our farewell song! Our beautiful manageress even wiped my tears with a tissue for me, if that isn't service I don't know what is!
Vinaka to everyone who is a part of the Lomani experience, we will never forget our stay with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island