“Return to Lomani - another birthday celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lomani Island Resort

Lomani Island Resort
Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
“Return to Lomani - another birthday celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We went to Lomani Island resort in February 2014. This was our second visit – my birthday is in February and it is our special celebration treat. We enjoyed it so much last year, we decided to return.

Lomani is an adults only resort, which is one of the main reasons we love it. No kids under the age of 16. Quiet and peaceful with lots of free activities if you choose to participate. (This year we met two male guests from Russia who thought “Adults Only” meant ‘clothing optional’. No, guys, please keep your clothes on!)

Lomani’s location is great for us because we can get there in a day’s travel from the Brisbane airport. The new Malolo Cat ferry vessel is wonderful. Less than an hour boat ride from Port Denarau and we’re at Lomani in time for dinner.

Lomani’s staff are so friendly and attentive. They treat you as ‘family’. It is amazing how quickly the staff pick up on what your likes or habits are and go out of their way to make sure your needs are met. For example, we enjoy a beer with lunch after our morning excursion being out on the water in the hot sun – a really COLD beer. The beer served initially wasn’t as cold as we liked. A couple of times we asked for it to be put in the freezer for a few minutes before serving. After a couple of days of not so cold beer, Dels, the Food and Beverage Manager, brings out two of his personal beer coasters which became ‘ours’ to use for the duration of our trip. THAT is personal attention! A little thing, perhaps, but very much appreciated. And, problem solved.

You won’t go hungry during your stay at Lomani. We opted for the meal package and found it to be excellent value. The food this year we felt was much improved. There is a new chef on site and there were lots more fresh vegetables at meals as well as an assortment of sauces to suit the menu, e.g. home made chili and other sauces with just the right amount of spice. Lomani’s kitchen now produces homemade cheese, which is featured in a number of dishes. Very tasty.

We are water people and had planned on SCUBA diving again this trip, but, frankly, the water visibility was exceptional during our 11 day stay and the daily snorkeling excellent, so we opted for the free daily trips and not have the hassle and added expense for diving from another company at the end of the island.

There are activities each day, which are all FREE. Snorkeling which we took advantage of daily, dolphin safari once a week, village visits, fishing and other activities depending on the tides.

Free use of kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, kite-surf boards are all available for guest use daily.

Weekly Dolphin Safari- while there is no guarantee of dolphin sightings - we were very lucky to have a pod of adult and juvenile dolphins ‘play’ and interact with us and the other guests during our excursion. There were two boats and the mammals jumped and dove between the boats and seemed to have as much fun as the rest of us. Everyone with camera got lots of nice photos. It is great to see these magnificent animals in their own environment rather than in captivity in a theme park or a zoo somewhere.

One of the guests we spoke to was going to another more expensive resort, after their stay at Lomani. They said all of the activities offered at this resort were at an additional charge – which makes Lomani look even more appealing.

And, if you’ve had enough of activities, treat yourself to a Lomani Spa treatment.

We enjoyed last year’s trip immensely and didn’t know how it could improve. With Resort Manager Lusi’s suggestion, we opted for a particular bure. While this room was a bit older, as it was the first one built, we enjoyed it because it was closer to the water and a bit more private.

Go for a beach bure if you can afford it. You have a private view of the water and can swim or snorkel right in front of your room. Or simply sit on the deck and read a book. Some of the many honeymoon couples there during our visit only appeared for meals!

Free laundry service is available to guests, so we didn’t take as many clothes this year as last.

One of the highlights for us is the beautiful music played and sung by the staff nightly. Their guitar skills are excellent and their voices exceptional. We are told a CD has been cut and will be available soon. I’d love to have that as a reminder of our visit!

With the exceptional treatment we received this year being ‘returnees’ one can only wonder what the treatment would be being a ‘double returnee’. Will let you know next year. Stay tuned…

Room Tip: Go for a beach bure if your budget allows. And suggest taking advantage of the meal package.
6 Thank LindaJabiru

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
Point Cook, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I have just returned home after 7 nights at the Lomani Island Resort. Words cannot express how amazing this place is. From the moment you step off the boat and greeted with the Bula song until you get back on the boat to return home you are treated like royalty. We stayed in a Beachfront Bure and had fantastic views of the ocean from the room. It was spacious, had a large comfortable bed and everything you needed for a relaxing holiday. The staff and management were amazing. The friendliest people I have ever met. There are daily activities you can choose to do or just relax by the pool or ocean to unwind. The only disappointment we had was having to leave the resort to return home but the memories will remain forever. A huge thank you to Lusiana and the staff at Lomani Island Resort for making this the best holiday we have ever had. We will definitely be returning for another holiday here.

2 Thank susygeoff
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

the view is stunning, the staff are wonderful, this place has a magic quality, we've never been more relaxed, perfect honeymoon spot.
The beach front massage for couples is a must.
I also celebrated my birthday here and the staff know how to celebrate and make you feel special.
We will be back for sure

Room Tip: beach front bure all the way!! out door shower is stunning also bed sooo comfiortable and huge!!
2 Thank bekpozega
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We arrived at Lomani Island Resort 14th February 2014 for a 7 night stay which was a surprise holiday for my husband's 50th Birthday.
I started planning this trip some 18months earlier and was not disappointed at, all as soon the Malolo Cat was sailing past the beach bures I knew exactly where I was, after all I had been stalking Lomani's website and facebook page for all of that time.
We were greeted at Plantation Island Resorts jetty by Lusianna the resort manager with staff singing the welcome song and given a shell necklace. I knew my hubby would not be disappointed at my plans with his enthusiastic yells of delight telling me to come back & see the corals at the end of the jetty.
Off we travelled by Golf Buggy to Lomani again being greeted again by the staff here singing the welcome song. After a fresh coconut drink plus cool refresher towels we completed our check-in and were off with Wyzel (sorry if my spelling is incorrect) to our beach front bure. Our bure #26 is lovely with plenty of storage, comfy king size bed, lounge area, decking out the front with seats and lazy lounges, double sinks in the bathroom with indoor and fantastic outdoor shower, TV plus hard drive loaded with movies and tea & coffee making facilities. Our home for the week was near the end as there are only 28 bures but I think whichever one you have would still be private and quiet as we are talking no kids here.
We lazed by the pool, nana napped in the afternoon, I had a couple of massages & we took advantage of the included daily trips to see dolphins but the highlight for us was snorkelling. Seeing the magical underwater garden at Honeymoon Island was just fantastic and I can now say I swam with Squid plus so many other varieties of fish and such beautiful corals.
We purchased a gorgeous wooden bowl from the carver who is usually there on a daily basis as a memento of our visit, go and have a look as he really does a fantastic job.
Unfortunately we didn't make the Shell Village trip so I left the gift pack that I had bought for the school with reception to be taken over another day.
I booked the Kana Levu meal deal for the week which was ideal for us so on check out we only had to pay for drinks. We thoroughly enjoyed the meals and complimented the chef when we saw her as all of our meals were presented well and tasted so good. We didn't take any snacks with us and didn't purchase any on the island either, there was no need at the food was plentiful and often more than we could eat.
To the staff at the Flame Tree Restaurant Delai and girls (sorry I didn't get all of your names) thank you for looking after us, always with such beautiful smiles. Linda & Wyzel at reception, housekeeping ladies who looked after our room, the fellas who entertained us every night with their beautiful voices and the gardening staff who always greeted us with such big bulas when we walked past, a massive thank to all of you.
We loved our stay at Lomani it really is paradise and the staff make it so much more along with the other guests we shared many a laugh with. Yes I did get teary when we left and all of the staff sang Isa Lei after all who would want to leave!

5 Thank Fort86
The Entrance, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The moment we got of the island transfer "Mololo Cat" we were greeted by an island Bula song and met by our wonderful porter. He took our bags immediately and drove us to the reception area at Lomani where we were met by another welcoming song. Nearly every staff member at Lomani were there. They greeted us, and directed us to a seat at the bar. They gave us nice cold face towels and fresh cold coconuts to refresh.
The reception staff then greeted themselves and fixed up all the required administration before personally walking us to our room. He showed us everything before letting us be to enjoy our complimentary sparkling wine and fresh fruit platter. The room was huge and spacious. About 15 metres from the water, with our own private garden and verandah with deck chairs and day beds.
The architecture in the room is remarkable with hand woven twine designs around the rafters, mother of pearl lamps and a huge king sized bed.
The room was serviced daily, providing quality bathroom products and making the bed, along with daily turn down services.
Every day there is complimentary snorkelling tours along with something else each day. (This costs atleast $69Fjd everywhere else) They provide free bikes to ride around the island to the nearby Plantation Island Resort and Musket Cove. You can charge ANYTHING purchased at plantation island back to your room so this can save you carrying anything in your pocket.
During the stay there was also 2x shows of a night including a managers Kava ceremony, definitely attend this, very personal experience.

The staff were so lovely, very personal experience, they took the time to know us and our orders.
The fact it was for 16+ only made it even more relaxing.

Recommend this to all adults after a romantic or relaxing break.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on the Beachfront Bures.
3 Thank CC_Tourism_Journal
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at Lomani late February and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel is located right on the beach and every room has beautiful views of the ocean and the incredible sunsets. The rooms are large and have everything you need. The staff are so lovely, some of the nicest people I have ever met. We caught the Mololo Cat over, we arrived in the middle of a cyclone, but the staff were still so helpful and friendly.
The hotel provided two free activities for you to do a day, I recommend going on the snorkeling activity, they take you out on a boat to see the beautiful coral.
The island also has two other hotels, we hired the free bikes and rode to see them both and ended up have dinner at Musket Cover, which was yummy.
The restaurant at Lomani is lovely, quite expensive but descent size proportions. It is great when they do the fire display. The buffet breakfast is limited and could do with a few more options. I would recommend taking a few drinks and snack over with you, there is a shop on the island but it is limited and a little bit of a walk.
Definitely get a massage while you are there, they do it in a hut on the ocean, it was very relaxing. All in all I can't wait to go back and I definitely recommend this Hotel.

4 Thank emdtravel88
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

After having spent 3 nights at a mainland Resort including kids [and they were unruly and undisciplined], four nights at Lomani was like paradise. The welcome we received, the beautiful staff who look after you, the fabulous activities IF you want something to do, I couldn't fault anything. anything and everything is included so you don't have to spend money hiring bikes or snorkelling equipment. I also loved the fact that there were honeymooners and 'us oldies' and we ALL got on well together. I asked one of the staff if this was normal and she said YES. Best Fish and Chips I've ever eaten, great meals, loved the Lovo Buffet Dinner. The Brekkies are terrific, loved the home-made pasties and breads. I had never had a cocktail in my life so my husband decided now that I'm 50 [the trip was my birthday present] that we should indulge. The girl behind the bar, with her beautiful smile, did a great job. Our room was so beautifully decorated when we arrived with flowers. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Only fault, most of the staff didn't wear name tags and I always like to speak to a person using their own name. I would ask their name but found it a little difficult to remember so I felt I was being rude. I was 'teary' when the staff sang 'Isa Lei' when we left. Definitely Lomani made my 50th birthday a birthday to remember. Vinaka and So To Tale to all the beautiful staff because we hope to return on our way home from Hawaii in November.

Room Tip: Room 7 was terrific!
3 Thank hickster122
Plantation Island Resort
Plantation Island Resort
#3 of 3 in Malolo Lailai Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,603 reviews

Been to Lomani Island Resort? Share your experiences!