We went to Lomani Island resort in February 2014. This was our second visit – my birthday is in February and it is our special celebration treat. We enjoyed it so much last year, we decided to return.
Lomani is an adults only resort, which is one of the main reasons we love it. No kids under the age of 16. Quiet and peaceful with lots of free activities if you choose to participate. (This year we met two male guests from Russia who thought “Adults Only” meant ‘clothing optional’. No, guys, please keep your clothes on!)
Lomani’s location is great for us because we can get there in a day’s travel from the Brisbane airport. The new Malolo Cat ferry vessel is wonderful. Less than an hour boat ride from Port Denarau and we’re at Lomani in time for dinner.
Lomani’s staff are so friendly and attentive. They treat you as ‘family’. It is amazing how quickly the staff pick up on what your likes or habits are and go out of their way to make sure your needs are met. For example, we enjoy a beer with lunch after our morning excursion being out on the water in the hot sun – a really COLD beer. The beer served initially wasn’t as cold as we liked. A couple of times we asked for it to be put in the freezer for a few minutes before serving. After a couple of days of not so cold beer, Dels, the Food and Beverage Manager, brings out two of his personal beer coasters which became ‘ours’ to use for the duration of our trip. THAT is personal attention! A little thing, perhaps, but very much appreciated. And, problem solved.
You won’t go hungry during your stay at Lomani. We opted for the meal package and found it to be excellent value. The food this year we felt was much improved. There is a new chef on site and there were lots more fresh vegetables at meals as well as an assortment of sauces to suit the menu, e.g. home made chili and other sauces with just the right amount of spice. Lomani’s kitchen now produces homemade cheese, which is featured in a number of dishes. Very tasty.
We are water people and had planned on SCUBA diving again this trip, but, frankly, the water visibility was exceptional during our 11 day stay and the daily snorkeling excellent, so we opted for the free daily trips and not have the hassle and added expense for diving from another company at the end of the island.
There are activities each day, which are all FREE. Snorkeling which we took advantage of daily, dolphin safari once a week, village visits, fishing and other activities depending on the tides.
Free use of kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, kite-surf boards are all available for guest use daily.
Weekly Dolphin Safari- while there is no guarantee of dolphin sightings - we were very lucky to have a pod of adult and juvenile dolphins ‘play’ and interact with us and the other guests during our excursion. There were two boats and the mammals jumped and dove between the boats and seemed to have as much fun as the rest of us. Everyone with camera got lots of nice photos. It is great to see these magnificent animals in their own environment rather than in captivity in a theme park or a zoo somewhere.
One of the guests we spoke to was going to another more expensive resort, after their stay at Lomani. They said all of the activities offered at this resort were at an additional charge – which makes Lomani look even more appealing.
And, if you’ve had enough of activities, treat yourself to a Lomani Spa treatment.
We enjoyed last year’s trip immensely and didn’t know how it could improve. With Resort Manager Lusi’s suggestion, we opted for a particular bure. While this room was a bit older, as it was the first one built, we enjoyed it because it was closer to the water and a bit more private.
Go for a beach bure if you can afford it. You have a private view of the water and can swim or snorkel right in front of your room. Or simply sit on the deck and read a book. Some of the many honeymoon couples there during our visit only appeared for meals!
Free laundry service is available to guests, so we didn’t take as many clothes this year as last.
One of the highlights for us is the beautiful music played and sung by the staff nightly. Their guitar skills are excellent and their voices exceptional. We are told a CD has been cut and will be available soon. I’d love to have that as a reminder of our visit!
With the exceptional treatment we received this year being ‘returnees’ one can only wonder what the treatment would be being a ‘double returnee’. Will let you know next year. Stay tuned…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island