My wife and I stayed at Lomani Island Resort for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon in Fiji. The resort is very beautiful with amazing sunsets. We stayed in the deluxe suite and it was nice and very spacious, but the beachfront bures definitely looked like a step up! We also woke up early during our stay and would walk over to the beach at Plantation Island Resort for wonderful sunrise photo opportunities.
The food at the resort was not as good as we were expecting considering the reviews we had read and the comments we heard from others staying at the resort. For us, it was okay to good, but not great.
The resort offers included snorkeling trips and I enjoyed them quite a bit. There is also a village visit that is offered but do be aware that if you visit the village you will have to take part in the kava ceremony upon arrival there. So if you aren't feeling 100% on the day of the village visit, you may want to skip if you are unsure about drinking the kava. There is good snorkeling off the beach between Lomani and Plantation and this was a bit of a surprise.
Lomani Island Resort was a good choice for us to begin our honeymoon, as it was a very beautiful and relaxing resort. The goodbye song was one of the most beautiful and sad songs we have ever heard, and even though we were only there for 3 nights, we left with tears in our eyes after hearing such beautiful music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island