We chose Lomani based on it’s good reviews and that it is an adults only resort.
We flew direct from Brisbane with Virgin, the flights were fine and included food and drinks.
We had previously contacted Lomani and arranged a transfer on the Malolo Cat, so upon arrived at Nadi airport we found the Muscat Cove/Malolo Cat booking office. As we had some time to spare, we left our bags at the office and had our first Fiji beer in the café on the concourse. The bus transfer from the airport to Port Denarau didn’t take too long. Once at the port there was enough time between being dropped off and getting on the Malolo Cat to get some water from the supermarket.
On the Malolo Cat we got a great view of sunset and didn’t take too long to reach The Plantation Island Resort jetty where a representative from Lomani was waiting to transfer us, it only took a few minutes via golf buggy to get us to our welcome drinks and refreshing towels awaiting us at Lomani.
Our Beachfront Bure was just as nice as it looks in the photos, it was dark outside when we arrived so we had to wait to see the view.
The Bure was clean, tidy and spacious. A decent size bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers. Both the showers had excellent water pressure and heat, it was especially nice using the outdoor shower.
The bed was a good size, comfy and clean, the pillows were a little lumpy but OK. Nice touches I liked were the bottle of insect repellent and the daily supply of bottled water, both very helpful. In hindsight we probably didn’t need all the extra water from the supermarket in Denarau.
Once daylight arrived the next day we inspected our view, it was great! A great view on to our deck, lawn, loungers and then the beach and sea!
The warm sea was so clear and as it was gently shelved, you could walk out a fair distance. There were plenty of places to snorkel nearby and daily trips out to snorkel as well. I enjoyed using the kayaks and stand up paddle boards when the tide allowed. The snorkelling equipment was in good condition.
I was a little apprehensive about the food as it had mixed reviews. Breakfast was good, usually enough to last us until an evening meal. The food for evening meals was always good, generally not excellent nor bad. That said it did seem to improve over the week we were there. The highlights for me was the tuna and many of the desserts. Dinner by the beachside was nice too.
We both had massages while we were there, both were good and it was nice to have them while hearing the ocean lapping away in front of us.
The pool area was nice, enough loungers and some cabanas, though we didn’t really use them as we had our own loungers outside our Bure. Personally I would have expected the loungers by the pool and ours at the Bure to have had cushions to lay on. To complement the service though, we did ask for some for ours at the Bure and they did provide some for us which was excellent. Beach towels were available at reception too.
We had a couple of drinks at Plantation Resort which is easily reached along the beach, there is a small supermarket down there and some tour operators at the jetty offering boat trips, parasailing etc.
Around half way through our stay we were thinking Lomani was maybe a four or four and a half, but by the end of the week the friendly staff really made this review into a five. The staff were always friendly and helpful and although there was occasions of ‘Fiji time’ we couldn’t really fault the service.
We would both be happy to return to Lomani for another holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island