My husband and I have just returned from our second trip to Lomani. It was as good if not better than our last trip a year ago. We stayed in the brand new accommodation. These rooms are spectacular, they are really close to the sea and the rooms are enormous. They have a beautiful bathroom with both indoor and outdoor shower (standing starkers under the stars with a glass of bubbly is just fantastic).The view from the room is superb although we both found the bed rather hard (this is our only complaint). There is a new head chef and the food is wonderful (he also sings LaBamba wonderfully well after dinner each evening if he is pressed). The restaurant was full most nights with guests coming from Plantation Island resort for dinner because of the food.
The staff still know everyone's name by the end of your first day and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Of course because the bay is tidal the scenery is not as good at low tide as it is very shallow and a bit yuck but it does not detract from the fabulous time you have at Lomani. The pool is huge and is never crowded (the resort only has 17 rooms) and the guests form good holiday friendships with each other. We definitely recommend it for a holiday as long as you are not expecting a raging night life. The pace is slow and relaxed. Mesu and Amose the singers are superb, I could have listened to them all night long (during the day one is a gardener and the other a maintenance man)their voices really are incredible. There are bicycles, catamarans, canoes, snorkelling and fishing trips so there is always something to do apart from drink Nancy's Heaven and Toblorone cocktails, if you can drag yourself away. We will definitely be back next year again. If you go, accept that the pace of life in Fiji is slower than normal, you may have to wait for a while for your order but hey its Fiji time and you are on holiday so relax!!!!! you cant change it so go with the flow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island