“Great Place To Eat”

Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visit Mana every year and stay at the resort but always visit Ratu Kinis restaurant. This place reminds me of some old 50's scene - a wooden place right on the beach, customers are 60% young backpackers (from everywhere) and the others are escapees from the resort. Great atmosphere and good food at low prices (love the chicken curry). One night I think there were 13 different nationalities (mostly Europeans).

The food can be very very fresh. One night I went in the kitchen to see a freshly caught Marlin of over 90kg. Another night their fishing boat pulls up at the restaurant steps with another catch of very big fish.

A special thanks to the 2 operators of the dive shop attached to Ratu Kini's. Who had their regular table at the restaurant. A couple of nights we arrived late at the restaurant when it was already full and they kindly gave up their table so that we could use their table - thanks you guys.

Great and interesting place to eat - a ton of atmosphere and good friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank VICOZ1

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just arrived home after staying @ Ratu Kini Dive Resort for 1 month. Many thanks to Tupou Loka the Manager, Shirley, Pete and Oliver the dive instructors, and the rest of the wonderful happy staff - Patrick who does the Fire Dancing is wonderful. We had THE most wonderful time together. I would heartily recommend this Resort to anyone - it was my 7th time staying there - this says it all - I WILL BE BACK!! Next year I intend to stay for 2 months.

Room Tip: All the different accommodations are superb for value. I always stay in the large Dormitory right by...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank judy071
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were staying at Mana Resort and ventured here twice for lunch. Yes it is a bit cheaper than the resort, but service was very rude and quite slow. The slowness was nothing new in Fiji, but when we arrived both times we were asked if we could order something easy to cook. The 1st time we did, in just getting a salad, sandwiches and burgers. They were all ok, but definitely to to the same standard as the food at the resort.

On our 2nd visit I took a gamble and ordered the mud crab. This was pretty good, although on the small side it was still a tasty curry flavour. So maybe if the kitchen didn't persist in telling us to order items easy to make we may have had a better experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank szkut
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Spent four days here during a typhoon. Weather wasn't great but had a great time. The staff here is so fun. They had activities to keep us busy on the rainy days. Wasn't able to dive so don't know how their dive program was. But great people made the stay wonderful. Love fiji.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I Loved everything and enjoyed every bit of my stay at the Ratu Kini Backpackers and Dive Resort. I had previously also stayed at the Resort but enjoyed this holiday much better as more laid back and you get to experience the Fijian village lifestyle and the visit to the school was awesome too including the sports competition with the resort guests-kids.
I felt very welcomed straight away on arrival by the Ratu Kini family and was spoilt and very well cared for by all Staff during my week long stay.
Best Staff-super friendly and easy to get along with, most polite, courteous, honest, funny & willing to cater to all requests e.g room service. The brilliant Staff makes this place extra special!!
I arrived alone but left with a new family. Travelling alone, I found the island very safe, never felt lonely but more like I was with my family at all times.
My room-cottage 1-excellent!-clean, most comfortable, best location-on the beach.
Food-best!-Chefs made me mudcrab curry, lobster mornay & fresh fish curry that was caught by Staff hours earlier. Bar Staff very friendly and make good cocktails too.
Activities-fun! and you can choose to do as much or little as you like. Thoroughly enjoyed trip to Monoriki with Staff...awesome!! Dive shop Staff also very nice and I might try diving next trip.
Beauty Salon-tried everything and would recommend everything on the board.
The Villagers were very welcoming too and friendly and I enjoyed my time with them.
There was absolutely nothing I can fault about my holiday- only that I had to leave the island. From booking online to my trip back to Nadi on the cruiser and transfer back to my hotel-the whole process was smooth and flawless and was personally looked after by the Director himself so I cant ask for more when it came to level of service...100%!!
I would recommend highly & will come back to stay again in few weeks.
Vinaka
Prue Howe (Fiji/Sydney)

Room Tip: Cottage 1 - on beach and very clean, comfortable, close to everything. swinging chair great to laze...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank PrueHowe
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It's a nice hostel in a great location. If you order a boat transfer everything is organizer flawless. Good basic food included in a full-board package for an affordable price.
Walls of the dorms and bathrooms should be painted tho.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank annalisa_1988
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We recently were staying at Mana Island Resort and went to the backpackers restaurant for a few meals. We went for breakfast and a few dinners. There were 8 of us travelling and all the meals that everyone had were great. Much cheaper than eating at Mana Island Resort. Lovely setting on the deck overlooking the water. Excellent music in the evenings. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Would definitely recommend this as an alternative if staying at Mana Island. It is only a short walk from the jetty along the beach to this restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Funky Fish Surf & Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Malolo Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
22 mi away
Bamboo Hostel
Bamboo Hostel
#1 of 29 in Nadi

Been to Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!