“Dynamic duo”

Tadrai Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mana Island
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Well what can we say, what a vacation! Amazing bathrooms with a view of the ocean from the tub. Loved the trips to the sand quay for picnics, Tom's amazing massages and twilight cruise around the island with champagne. We often joked with Tim the manager that he is great but his partner Vanessa, she really makes the place! The food that she creates with her team is nothing short of world class. We really felt like we were guests in Tim and Vanessa's home with Tim running around everywhere making sure everything was just right. Our mention of lobster and next thing Tim was off in the boat and returned with these huge tropical lobsters for our dinner. Tim and Vanessa, you are true stars congratulations!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K K
TIR_RM, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Bula KK,

Very appreciative of the wonderful feedback and delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Paradise.

The trip to the pristine nuku-i-mana sand quay is a truly unforgettable experience, perhaps the highlight for most Guests at our Resort.

Seafood delivered fresh from the ocean to table upon demand is something we take great pride in delivering. Never any shortage of volunteers to “go fishing” amongst our good natured staff, whom are ever willing to entertain and indulge Guests with the highest standard of service and genuine Fijian hospitality.

Tadrai was designed as a luxurious and romantic destination unto itself. It is very rewarding for us to know that you were able to take full advantage of all that our lovely Resort has to offer.

I do hope we will have an opportunity of Welcoming you back to Tadrai at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had an absolutely superb time there, until my last day, my travel agent forgot to tell the resort that my daily spa treatments were paid for in advance, so I was threatened with not being able to board the chopper until the account was settled, it totally destroyed my holiday ! I was held to ransom by the manager, and felt absolutely uncomfortable, thank's Max.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Bula Trent,

Please accept sincere apologies if our normally mild mannered Max created any embarrassment whatsoever re: account issues upon your departure from Tadrai.

Please let me assure you that no offence whatsoever was intended. I’m sure you will understand that it behoves our Resort Manager to ensure all Guest accounts are paid.

Your Travel Agent did not pay for your accommodation nor spa treatments in advance. We have in fact not received payment in respect of any charges relating to your stay to date. All charges remain outstanding for the past twelve months.

We are, however, very pleased to learn that you enjoyed an “absolutely superb time” at our lovely Resort.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay at Tadrai was nothing short of magical. From our private boat we passed several crowded cruisers on our way to the Island and realised quickly that we couldn't have been further from the typical Fijian tourist track.

Having previously traveled many of the worlds beaches and romantic locations I was truly blown away by the incredible beauty and standard of service on the island. The attention to detail from the chef's menu (inspired by our favourite ingredients), our favourite music and movies pre-programmed in to the in-room iPad's, cocktails, treats, and luxurious villas with the most sensual bathroom I've ever seen.

There was no set agenda and we were free to do as little or as much as we liked, as we liked. We filled our time with massages and champagne by our private plunge pool, to snorkeling, jet-skiiing, para-sailing then a private sunset cruise beyond 'Castaway' Island. Nothing was too much trouble and anything seemed possible on the island. Even my late afternoon request for a lobster dinner that night was met with a smile and followed by our fisherman promptly making his way to sea to retrieve two for us to bring back to the chef.

The only downside to our stay in Tadrai is that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to wait in line for a crowded boat or eat from a set menu at a time dictated by anyone else but us on holiday again.

Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made our stay so effortless and memorable. We will never forget our time here - but we will be back soon anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashleigh J
TIR_RM, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Bula Ashleigh,

Wonderful to receive your highly complementary review and we thank you most sincerely for it.
You clearly made the most of your time on Tadrai with some of the more active pursuits available to our Guests, whilst at the same time luxuriating in the opportunity to escape the madding crowd.

Very rewarding to read your remark that “nothing was too much trouble and anything seemed possible on the island”. Care and attention to detail is all on Tadrai, from the presentation of the finest cuisine to personal Butler service. We are delighted to hear that we’ve tempted you to return to Paradise to repeat your experience at our Resort.

Warm regards from the Tadrai Team all of whom have requested that I convey their best wishes to you.

Executive Director

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Ferry boat arrival allowed a leisurely look at the region and its many islands. Off the ferry and into ‘The Dream’ the resort’s boat – whisked across pristine waters, around the island to alight at Tadrai. Welcomed by the team, singing and applauding on the pristine, white sandy beach, under the palm trees. Mesmerised by the shells that abound.

A cool drink and a lounge on one of the beautiful day beds, so keen to get into the pool – sparklingly clean, disappearing over the edge – seemingly part of the azure blue sea, while the butler & staff unpacked. Then back onto ‘The Dream’ to visit a sand island – just a pile of sand – an island being born, to swim in the sparkling sea, having dispatched a spear fisherman over the side to catch us fresh fish for dinner. It was the variety of blues and greens that kept recapturing my emotions and sheer glory of the tranquil, beautiful location.

Obvious care and attention to detail re accommodation. Huge, comfortable bed, immaculate linen, great lighting, and each time you return to the room, it’s been restored to perfection. Native artefacts for decoration.

With one’s own deck overlooking the beach and the ever-changing and always stunning scenery, your own plunge pool, day bed, table and chairs, the iced Moet waiting, a great sound system by Bose, and a flat screen TV in case you care what’s happening elsewhere, you think ‘I can quite manage this!’. Then you open the doors to the bath suite.

A huge pod bath, three versions of great showers elsewhere in the suite, bathing with an uninterrupted view over the pool and sea, is divine. Coming home to find native flowers and your Pure Fiji coconut milk bath ready? Sublime! The décor is unique, modern, sophisticated, and yet still has very Fijian touches.

Delicious food – light, complex, refreshing. Loved ‘catching’ sea grapes one evening for a garnish. Appreciated the care and attention by Tim, the host, to ensure we received what we desired, and how nothing was a problem.

Service including Private Butler, I chose to have a marvellous massage in my villa – although it could have been on sparkling water, (Wai Sileva Spa) and attention and care from every single staff member, but the Moet and canapés, the music on our Sunset cruise under the most beautiful sky, at sunset, was a real highlight for me. All staff were so relaxed, professional, and careful to ensure we were totally and respectfully cared for.

My (adult)daughter had many adventures and activities, and reported being absolutely safe in the care of the staff. I preferred to do very little – and was grateful to Nicco for literally taking me in hand during my first snorkeling expedition ever. So glad I did it!

I had the utter luxury of my own villa, as did my daughter. The only thing possibly missing was the romance factor the resort is designed for. Frankly though – this is a great place to just be, enjoy, and wallow in the beauty, care and comfort, and not have to share at all.

Sad to leave, even by helicopter – and just 15 minutes later, arrived Nadi international. Back to the real world from a truly remarkable touch of Paradise.

Room Tip: Convenience and proximity to the restaurant / pool ? choose Villa 1. Complete Privacy? Choose No...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Robyn J

Bula Robyn,

Thank you for your wonderful description of our lovely Resort. You’ve perfectly captured the romantic appeal we inevitably attach to palm-fringed islands, co-existing as it does in relaxed harmony with a sophisticated vibe on Tadrai.

Tadrai villas have been described as “destinations unto themselves” and we are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your private villa, especially the tropical bath suite and plunge pool.

Congratulations on embarking upon your first snorkelling experience. An addictive pastime and I’m sure it will not be the last.

On any given day, the sunlight glistens on our sparkling beaches and the champagne beckons.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if we can tempt you back to Paradise in the near future.

Warm personal regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Tadrai was a well deserved and much needed final destination at the end of our first holiday to Fiji. We first did a 3 dinghy cruise around the Yasawa Islands, followed by three nights at the Sofitel on Denarau. We then helicoptered over to spend 6 nights on Mana Island at Tadrai Island Resort.

We were given a lovely welcome and introduced to the staff.
The surrounding water was stunning , although the beach itself is very rocky, this did not detract from our stay in anyway. As your butler a friendly Fijian was ready to take you by boat to any near by sandy beach and leave you to snorkel, in privacy or if you wished would stay with you.
Nothing was too much trouble.
Evenings we either dined at the small poolside restaurant or had service on the beach by request.
Tadrai is the place to go for solitude, no shops,no noise just nature, everything included including special dietary requests.
Before going to Tadrai be sure to request your desires because once there that is it.

You can walk to the other side of the island and see a different lifestyle and different levels of accommodation.

We will return

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank VERONICATURNER
TIR_RM, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Bula Veronica,

So pleased that you were able to complete your first Fijian vacation with a six-night stay on Tadrai.

The superior standard of service and hospitality you describe is the hallmark of our Resort and we are delighted that we met your expectation in this regard.

What a wonderful introduction you’ve had to Paradise and very pleased to know that we will have the opportunity to Welcome you back to Tadrai for a return visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist in any way with your booking.

Warm regards from the Tadrai Team,

Reviewed 17 April 2013

WOW! Tadrai is AMAZING! I can't recommend it highly enough, and I am looking forward to the day when I can return to this stunning resort for another fantastic holiday experience.

I visited Tadrai for a five night stay with my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary in November 2012. And what a way to celebrate! Luxury villas right on the beach, with HUGE outdoor bathrooms. We loved the private deck and plunge pool too. And the iPad loaded with a custom selection of music was a nice touch too.

This was our second visit to Fiji (but our first time at Tadrai). I'd often heard people talk about how amazingly friendly they thought the Fijians were, although I had never really experienced this friendliness first-hand - until I arrived at Tadrai. The staff here are AMAZING. So friendly, so helpful, so genuine - they really do their best to give guests a memorable stay. Aussie managers Tim and Vanessa are also fantastic, nothing is too much trouble.

Yes, a stay at Tadrai is expensive compared to many other resorts, BUT you have to compare apples with apples. Everything at Tadrai is included - fantastic meals and snacks, cocktails, beer, wine and coffee, an unlimited supply of Pure Fiji toiletries, and a great selection of activities (I can highly recommend a massage on the private sandbar, and also the trip to Castaway Island where the Tom Hanks movie was filmed). I asked for a fresh pina colada one day and within minutes my husband and I were being led along the beach by a staff member to find and husk fresh coconuts - you don't get much fresher than that! On another occasion I mentioned that I was planning to have a relaxing soak in the bath - I soon had a staff member on my doorstep with a bunch of freshly-picked frangipanis - my favourite flower - to add to the ambience. The food is mind-blowing and guests never go hungry. If for some reason you don't feel like eating what's on the menu, the chefs will happily prepare something else for you.

Amazing pool/reception/dining area - it's easy to spend hours there just lazing about. The fact that Tadrai caters for a maximum of five couples at a time means you often feel like you have the entire place to yourself.

I have done a lot of travelling - not just in the South Pacific but all over the world - and Tadrai definitely rates as one of my favourite and most luxurious travel experiences so far. Anyone who hasn't stayed at Tadrai really is missing out on something special. My only disappointment is that we didn't stay for longer. Tim - we'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sendmail2linda

Bula Linda,

We were delighted to host yourself and Tim for your 10th Wedding Anniversary earlier this year.
Wonderful review – and high praise from well-seasoned travellers such as yourselves.

Particularly delighted to hear that our wonderful Tadrai staff exceeded your expectation in relation to their friendliness and service.

Tadrai’s streamlined interiors , complete with ipads and other reminders of busy lifestyles, have been specifically designed to blend with the overall laid-back ambience of the Resort.

We’re delighted that you were able to luxuriate in the natural beauty of the surrounding, whilst at the same time, enjoy the attention to detail expected of a Resort in our deluxe category.

We look forward to Welcoming you back to Tadrai Island Resort in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I visited Tadrai island resort after traveling for 12 days in New Zealand! What a way to end our honeymoon and relax. We had an amazing time there and are looking forward to getting back there again this year! Tim and Vanessa did an amazing job hosting us. We only stayed for two nights but it felt like we were there for a week! It rained mainly the whole time we were there but it honestly did not make a difference. The villas are so relaxing and spacious you can literally spend all day in the room. Tim will get you whatever you want and is constantly asking you if you have everything you need! Vanessa is busy cooking up amazing food! The first night it was a 5 course dinner. I am super picky about food and like to eat small meals and Vanessa always had something for me to eat and the staff got me lots of snacks at all times of the day! There was only one other couple there while we were there so it seemed like we had the whole resort to ourselfs. We both got a massage and it was the best massage I have ever had. Even with the bad weather it was a beautiful and realaxing vacation. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who needs a get away and likes privacy. Thank you Tim and Vanessa!!! Melissa and Noah

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Melstel1

Bula,

Delighted to hear that you completed a wonderful Honeymoon trip on Tadrai, although very disappointed for you that the weather failed to co-operate.

Fortunately though, our luxurious villas are “destinations unto themselves” and very pleased to know that you also took the opportunity to experience a wonderful in-villa Spa treatment during this time.

The intimate size of the our Resort (five villas only), plus the Private Butler service offered, ensures highly personalised attention to our Guests.

On Tadrai we take great pride in accommodating the culinary requirements of our Guests to the highest possible standard, as demonstrated by the outstanding effort of both Tim and Chef Vanessa.

We look forward to your return to Paradise – fingers crossed for brilliant sunshine!

Warm regards from all of us,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mana Island
7 mi away
Tokoriki Island Resort
Tokoriki Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island

Been to Tadrai Island Resort? Share your experiences!