“SECOND TO NONE, SUBTLE, SERINE, SUPERB........ SIMPLY PERFECT”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Navini Island
Navini Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Navini Island
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Well we can't say enough about Navini. every bit of our time there was perfect. it starts with a well organized trip out there. not having to worry about transportation at all as they pick you up at the airport no mater what time of day, then transfer you to the island by boat. right away you feel like you are part of their family. you arrive at the beach (which has a raked path in the sand for every arrival) and you are great by the friendliest smiles. the first thing you notice is the soft white sand beneath your feet. as you make your way to your room you are just in awe at how pristine the water is and how well look after the island is. the rooms are clean, spacious and well laid out. they all have there own private deck and yard (with a hamook to relax in).
the pathways around the island are all sand so there is virtualy no need for shoes. the building where everyone eats is large and airy with beautiful views of the beach and the surrounding flora. the food was great with some traditional dishes and some world dishes. unless you are a super picky eater you will never go away hungry , the group seating was great. in the short time we were there we met every person staying there and formed some lasting friendships. after dinner we were invited by the staff (who are actualy off work) to play a local game called vindi vindi, and to try some kava.
the reef surrounding Navini is amazing. we saw a huge aray of corals and sea life including reef sharks(harmless), stingrays, huge crayfish, clow fish, parrot fish ect ect. we took hundreds of underwater photos and spent most of our days in the water which is very warm. everyday there is a morning trip that takes you to either another resort (this just makes you love Navini more) or fishing and snorkling at another large reef. they also have beach volleyball every day but sunday. there are hobie cats, sea cycles and other water based activities all included in your stay.
if you are looking for a party place or a place with boats racing around and jet skis Navini is not for you. if you like crowds and typical resort accomidation then Navini is not for you. if you like 1 staff for every 20 guests and being treated like a number then Navini is not for you. if you like being part of a special place and an amazing family then Navini is for you. if you like 2 staff to 1 guest and privacy then Navini is for you. if you love friendly smiles and making new friends Navini is for you. if you love the ocean and all its creatures Navini is definatly for you. if you like romance and perfect memories with loved ones Navini is for you.
our time in Navini was amazing. we didn't meet staff there we met friends. we always felt like a family and never felt like any staff didn't like thier job or felt bothered by you. we felt at home. the memories of Navini will last forever and we will be counting the days till we can return. it is a truely special place full of special people. we got engaged while there and we will be married there when we return. thank you to everyone who makes it such a special place and who made our vacation one that we will cherish forever. Navini is second to none ............ it is simply perfect!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vanislecanucks

Reviewed 21 July 2009

My family of 6 had a wonderful week at Navini. I agree totally with Dmillerut(who must have been there when we were there as we also met the 'family with 8 kids'). They sum it up superbly.

This island is special. We arrived under a full moon at 10pm. The boat trip from Vuda was spectacular. Clear starry sky glimmered over the ocean. It was warm and calm.

I found Navini on TA and we are so pleased with our discovery. Arthur and Helen welcome everyone in to their home, Navini Island. It feels like you are staying at their holiday house. It is relaxed,friendly and intimate with only 10 bure.

We loved the communal dining. A holiday for us is also about meeting the other people we are sharing it with. Like minded people who enjoy that as well will stay here.

We loved the staff and they seem to love it there too, as many of them have been there for several years.

Our children(aged 5-12) enjoyed being with other kids and made great friends. They loved the snorkelling off the island and on the morning trips.

We had Bure 1, one of the delux honeymoon bures which easily accommodated the 6 of us. It was spacious and the private courtyard was utilised well by my nature loving husband. We liked the Northern side with our private bit of beach and hammock when we felt like time out. The spa bath was a nice touch although it did take a while to fill, understandably. The kids liked this at nights.

We took our portable DVD player which was very handy for the odd bit of time out of the sun and in the evening for the younger kids as they sometimes ate earlier than we did.

My 5 year old was able to find her own way from bure to beach on either side of the island. It is small, safe and so easy to get around.

I cant speak highly enough of Navini. We went on to JM Cousteau Resort in Savusavu for 5 days and although it was very nice, we kept wishing we were back on the beach at Navini.

May it be a short time until our return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank micsgirl
Reviewed 15 July 2009

It is hard to put into words how exceptional Navini is compared to other resorts. The beauty and solidarity of the island is second to none. The staff are impeccable and are not only extremely friendly, but know your name and are eager to assist you at any time. There is maximum of 30 guests at all times, and around 36 staff members. Every morning the beach is raked and cleared of any debris that might have sullied the shore. The food is fresh and delicious and often contains whatever was caught that day on one of the many incredible activites that are offered every morning. Unlike most other islands, all the watersports are free and the snorkeling is phenomenal. The entire island is surrounded by a gorgeous protected reef that offers fantastic views. It is unsullied because Navini does not allow visitors and is protected from fishing so the sea life is extensive. There is plenty to offer for all, whether you have 8 kids (as one couple had) or on your honeymoon. It is the perfect vacation spot, I guess that's why 70% of their business is from repeat guests. I can't wait to go back...every place else pales in comparison.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank dmillerut
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I found Navini through TripAdvisor a few months ago. My husband and I were there in March for our honeymoon and didn't want to leave. Navini is truly a gem and a wonderful place. I see why many of their guests have been returning year after year.

It's small size really makes you feel like you are on your own little island. Staying at Navini is also a very personal experience. We stayed 8 days and by the end you feel like you are part of a family. I can't say enough about the staff - genuinely friendly, fun, and helpful. We left Navini to go to LikuLiku and wound up wondering what was going on over at Navini - we missed them!

The snorkeling is fantastic and right off the island. You can also take a morning trip to do fishing and explore reefs a bit further out. Other activities include a visit to a local village as well as to other resorts, and dolphin spotting. After a conversation my husband had at dinner, we were taken out trolling for fish at sunrise. Such a great experience.

The food is also delicious. We were so full after every meal! Yes, the dining is communal, but we really enjoyed it. Also fun was playing vidi vidi and drinking kava after dinner each night with the staff.

The bures are spacious and always very clean. They could probably be updated a bit, but really this is very minor. We were absolutely fine with no air conditioning - the fan was all we needed.

The direct transfers from the airport mean you can get right out to the island (or back from the island) without needing to spend a night in Nadi.

I have never posted on TA before, but as this is such a special place, I wanted to share my experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wex02
Reviewed 19 February 2009

The combination of convenience to Nadi, the superb reef, the gracious staff, excellent food, accommodations, recreation opportunities, and entertainment are unbeatable. We loved every minute of our time on Navini Island. Our stay was definitely too short at 2 days and would recommend longer for any future visitors.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gmyersut
Reviewed 6 January 2009

My boyfriend and I loved Navini Island, we did not want to leave! I’ve never felt so relaxed in my life. For most of our stay, there was only one other couple staying on the whole island and, on our last day, we were the ONLY guests. How wonderfully decadent!
The airport transfers are done personally by the resort so they're very quick and convenient. No need to spend a night on the mainland waiting for the next boat.
The food is delicious. (Fresh homemade bread, homemade icecream - I still drool thinking of it). I am a vegetarian, and all my meals were planned (not an afterthought) and tasted fantastic.
The staff are all wonderful and very friendly. Most of the staff have been working there for many years and you can really tell, they take so much pride in the place and in everything they do.
One day we asked if we could be taken to visit alocal village, and they happily obliged even though it wasn’t the usual day to go.
You can snorkel right out in front of your bure. We were also taken out on a couple of guided snorkelling trips. It was my first time snorkelling and it was beautiful. (I’m afraid I’ve been spoiled now if I ever go snorkelling anywhere else, I’m told most places just cannot compare). My only regret of the trip is not bringing an underwater camera!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sonimikey
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We had a limited amount of time to spend on a family break. One of the benefits of Navini is its convenience of location. They pick you up and transport you directly from Nadi Airport. The management and staff are easy to deal with and being privately owned and operated the personal touch makes things run smoothly and with open communication. The location is wonderful and the bure we stayed in much larger than most previously experienced on our Fijian holidays. Each bure is well thought out and placed for privacy. This is a small Island and if you are in to a busy organized holiday probably not for you. If you are looking at relaxing in the sun, enjoying gorgeous beaches and friendly faces I would highly recommend Navini. We much appreciated their efforts in the fishing department and intend to return as soon as time allows. My only small and personal criticism is the communal way of dining. It would be our preference to have our family eat at a separate table with the option of joining together should we wish. Having said that the Island provides opportunity to dine on the beach or outside your bure.

Stayed: September 2008
Lomani Island Resort
#1 of 3 in Malolo Lailai Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
Tokoriki Island Resort
Tokoriki Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island
Likuliku Lagoon Resort
Likuliku Lagoon Resort
#1 of 4 in Malolo Island

Been to Navini Island Resort? Share your experiences!